Saturday, May 11, 2013

Half-Way Through the MTC

Sierra loves her companion, her district, the temple & the entire MTC experience! Following are excerpts from her latest letter:


So tuesday nights we have devotionals and I, along with some of my district, am in the choir! The song was SO pretty and so powerful. The chorister told us not to look at the screen that was video taping us while we sang, but my companion was sorta sick so she told me she was going to sort of mouth the words and look at the screen. And if she saw that we were on the screeen, I told her to just nudge me a little. So we're singing and all of a sudden i feel a nudge, and out of the corner of my eye, I see my green headband on the HUGE screeen way upclose! They just zoomed in on my face so I was trying to act like I didn't know! But my companion got a HUGE smile on her face and sorta started laughing! haha I laughed after they got off of my face haha! People we know would say, Hey! I saw you on the screen! and the day after my comp asked some random elders if they had seen us on the screen and they said, I knew I recognized you! haha, oh my goodness. it was so funny!


Sunday was my first and last fast sunday in the MTC and my LAST fast Sunday in AMERICA! Next time I have fast sunday I will be hearing it and speaking in norwegian! AHHHHH! I AM HALF WAY DONE IN THE MTC! (: I looooove loooove looove it, but really...I can't WAIT TO GET TO NORWAY! I love my district! I LOVE LOVE LOVE them! Today we got to go and do a session at the temple! And I am SOOO sad that We wont have one in Norway! But OHH!! I Think i told you you...actually i'm not sure. but we don't need visas to go to Norway anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The work is hastening!!! And I know that we are going to help get a temple in Norway! They just need one more stake! (: In the temple today I felt so good. I honestly felt the Savior's love so much for me. I had a thought a few nights ago. You know how they say there are angels with you always? Well I know that Grandma is always with me. Also, I had a feeling that i have Nephi and other prophets helping me along the way, and i'm sure they help others along the way too. Maybe they aren't my guardian angels, but I know that they are rooting for me and cheering me on. If Nephi had enough faith to build a ship and to put out his arm and say to his brothers, if you touch me you will be come as a dry reed, I can be a missionary and learn this language and save souls.


I am starting to have cracked or cream wheat every morning and I have a veggie wrap pretty much everyday and I exercise...so hopefully I don't gain weight! :) On Sunday we had mission conference, that was good, and we had a devotional! Chad Lewis, a past NFL player came and talked and it was good! ANd that night we got to watch the legacy, which was like going to a movie theater! Haha, it was so funny how much we all loved watching it. "The next time I see you, it will be my Zion." ;)


My goal on my mission is to make someone smile every day. In Norway, no one really smiles at each other. They just walk to streets with straight faces. But I am going to be an exception and make someone smile every day! It's like making the people smile that are the guards for queens and kings ;) haha, once you open up to them, they open up to you! I know I just need to focus on right now and not get stressed out because I WILL be fluent in Norwegian by the end of my mission ( and before the end ) :) Also, another one of my goals is to have norwegians think that I am a native because I speak so well.


Anways, I love you all and I know that we will see each other soon! (unless they change it so sisters can be out for 2 years...then it might be a while) ;) but really :) haha!


Jeg vet at Jesus Kristus elsker meg. Jeg vet at Joseph Smith oversette Mormons Bok. Himmelske Fader hjelper meg og kjenne meg ved navn. Jeg kan be og får svarer. Jeg er takknemlig for mine familie. Dere er mine best venner. Og, Jeg sier disse tingen i Jesu Kristi navn, Amen.

Love, Søster Chapman

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment