Friday, May 17, 2013

singing ... laughing ... learning

Hey everyone! This week has been pretty good! Well, since last tuesday!


So, OH! the sister that was supposed to sing on sunday for sacrament meeting got sick, and sister pyne in my ward is the music person and so she asked me, on saturday, to sing! I said yes and just thought i would sing a hymn, but sister oldham had some songs and guess what i sang? Come thou fount! I thought of you all! I was so scared. It was just in my branch, but i felt that tickling feeling in my jaw like right before you throw up haha i was okay though (: And after, people were so nice! Some of the elders going to denmark said that I could be in an indie band with my voice! how sweet, huh!? people are so nice. And i've still been getting that i look like miley cyrus, so often here! haha and I got that i look like zoe dechanel and the girl with the really bushy eyebrows that plays snow white haha, anyways, OH my goodness.


I am SO thankful that I am not speaking MANG on my mission. Some elders are going to wisconsin and other stateside missions speaking mang....some asian language. so sister shaw and i were in another room for language study and these 2 elders needed a chalkboard to write down the first vision in mang. so they came in and we asked them to say it for us. He began and i was holding in my laughter okay...and all of a sudeen i just started laughing. IT IS THE FUNNIEST LANGUAGE I HAVE EVER HEARD. chinese is funny, but this language has so many tones that it was just ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha! and the elder was so serious. so i was leaning over on the desk laughing my guts out and he continued to go. i apoligized so much and they said they laughed also...but i still kept apologizing. yhahaha look it up on youtube az...its so funny! also, for gym, i played a knockout sort of game with basketballs with other elders and sisters and guess what!? I beat everyone! well some people left...but i still won! ha hmmm...i thought there was more to write about than this.


oh! there is. we have 2 investigators, Marianna and Are. Marianna was an investigator that sister taylor had when she served and are is an investigator that brother smith had on his, except he just made up the name are because the person he is acting as is actually a girl in real life, but yeah haha. Marianna was met on the street by 2 missionaries and they asked her to try an experiment that she would know that God lives in 3 weeks. And she agreed! Oh and something important is that she is 100 percent Athiest! So we picked up from there... and Are was Athiest, but is now agnostic because he has seen priesthood miracles with his wife...who is a member! So with Marianna, she is SCARY and mean! In real life, she had nose rings, tattoos, ect. anyways, so the first few lessons were sorta scary, not during, but when we talked about it after. but the fourth lesson we had with her i had a cool experience. we pointed out the times of her life that God has been there. and we showed her a scripture. The point of the scripture that we wanted for her was that His hand is stretched out to all, but at the end of the scripture it talks about the stiffnecked and them not recieving His hand. We didn't want to focus on that and we were worried about using it, but another brother told us that maybe it could knock sense into people (for repentence) without telling them they need to repent. Anyways, after she read it there was silence for a few seconds. She told us that her world had spun completley upside down. her heart was changing. At the end of the lesson I felt a prompting...actually, it kinda just came out of my mouth. I committed her to pray tonight to know if He is real. And then I promised her that she would recieve an answer tonight that He is real.and this last lesson, she told us that she believed in God. IT WAS AMAZING! We have only taught Are 2 lessons, but i'll let you know how the rest goes another time (: I love it here! It's hard when people aren't being as strictly obedient as I want to be. They call me the faithful one in our district haha, I know if i am striclty obedient i will have miracles and blessings. and if i'm just obedient i will recieve blessings. So i'm going to be strictly obedient! Oh and I hope you all don't mind that i'm going to start praying for President Monson to change the amount of time of sister missionaries to 2 years! (; I LEAVE FOR NORWAY IN 1 WEEK AND 6 DAYS!!!!!!!!!! i CANNOT WAIT! (: I love the people so much already and my testimony has grown so much here! I love you all with all of my heart!
Jeg vet at Jesus Kristus død for oss. Joseph Smith oversatte Mormons Bok. Jeg vet at våre familier skal leve sammen for evig. jeg er skjempe takknemlig for min familie og for min misjion. Jeg elsker dere!
love, Søster Chapman

p.s. could you send a card reader if you send me another package?? thanks mommy!

p.s.s. some elders are/were speaking some asian language next to me and i had to hold in my laughter a few minutes ago hahahaa





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment