Thursday, May 23, 2013

TRAVEL PAPERS ARE HERE!




Hei hei!!!! BAHHHHH! WE GOT OUR TRAVEL PLANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I leave in 6 days! (: We have to be at the travel office on monday at 7:30 am - not bad at all! And our plane leaves at 12:15 to go to... DALLAS! We get to Dallas/FT Worth at 3:50 their time and leave at 6:45 their time. And then guess what!? ............WE'RE GOING TO LONDON!!! We get their at 9:35 am their time and have a 4 hour lay over there! :) :) :) and then we get to NORWAY at 4:15 pm their time! :) IT was so fun when we got them! We waited for our district then counted to 3 and all turned them over! I can't believe it's happening!!! I really do love the MTC...but boy do I want to get to Norway!



So really quick story. Today was our last day going to the Temple. :( And our teacher - Sister Taylor - came to a session with us!


Sister Shaw and I left them for a sec to go to the bathroom, came out and they were gone, and so then went to go to the chapel. We got to the chapel and they weren't there. The temple workers tried to get us into their session but it had already started. So...we missed the session with them and so we had to do one like...15 minutes later. I sat in the chapel and just cried. I was so sad/disappointed that they forgot about us (i thought). I sat there with tears just rolling down my face and this man...probably in his 40s or 50s came and walked over to sit down. He had a little cane and couldn't walk well. He walked over and grabbed a tissue for himself for the session. He kept randomly talking to me...asking me if i am a missionary...where i'm going, where i'm from, etc. Then he grabbed his tissue out of his pocket and handed it to me saying, "i think you need this more than me." I took it and thanked him and then he went on telling me how he had lasic eye surgery 2 years ago but its just starting to heal now. His eyes are always bloodshot and he has to put eyedrops in them every day so they always water (or something like that). Anwyays, we were in the session and I was just sulking a little bit. I was wondering why I was put in this suituation. I thought of a sistuation of me asking him how i had impacted him today - thinking that's why i was put in this situation. Then right after, I thought - He is the one that helped me today. He doesn't have much (health wise) and he taught me a lesson. He still had a smile on his face and he gave me something he actually really could have u8sed. He kept looking at me during the session so, I smiled back. I also had the thought, that Christ is the one that gave me this experience...not just the missionaries that "forgot about us. And really, they tried to have us make the session - but the temple wokrkers said they couldnt' wait. Soooo theres my story!



I have a rash. Hahahaha, I noticed it a couple days ago, but tomorrow it was worse! It's on my stomach...I went to the doctor and he said, "Well...theres two things it could be. You either have Shingles...or its some form of exema or dry skin. I'm thinking its the dry skin. haha I had to spend like 18 dollars on nice lotino and steroid cream...it spread to all my stomach and sorta on my back. But it's starting to go away. The water is a lot harder here he said. ANWYAYS! I'll be ok! haha one girl on our floor has mono, so if you could all pray for me to stay healthy that would be great! (:

Ysterday we TRC'd again! (taught eitehr returned missionarys/people that speak norwegian) But yesterday, we skyped someone that is in norway! Brother smith actually baptized this girl - Valentina...she now lives in England going to school though! But she is less active. She was SO NICE and afterwards I felt so much more confident and ready to speak and teach in Norway! (: It was cool that we got her too....he assigned us to the people we taught and she was the only less active one. And he assigned her to us :)

OH!!!!!!!!!!! Russel M. Nelson came and spoke to us on tuesday!!! and his wife! It was way good! they both talked some about how their are people who live in norway, whose ancestors are praying for us to find them...cool thought huh? we have help from both sides of the veil :)
I'm missing grandma a lot today too. I really felt her presence in the temple and that was really nice. At the devo with Elder Nelson, either him or his wife said that we can pray for specific types of angels...angles with patience, happiness, etc. and they will be with us when we ask for them...cool huh? Or we can ask for specific angels. I love that.

It is so sad about President Monsons wife. I'm so thankful for the Plan of Salvation though and I'm sure he is too.
My teacher Brother Smith was given a pretty big journal on his mission, and whenever he deeply studied some doctrine, he wrote his notes in there and had an index in the front that he wrote out. So i decided to do the same thing. and I love it! I have been studying the Atonement for teh past couple days and it is amazing how much I DON'T know about things! It is cuz one of our investigators, after coming to know God lives, wondered why if God loves us all - He would allow Christ to feel so much pain. I feel like my mission is where I have seen more of my weaknesses and things i don't know come out more than ever!
Its good it's happening now though, cuz the Lord is with me 24/7!!!!!!! And i love it! (:



Jeg har en vitnesbyrd av Jesus Kristus. Jeg er so takknemlig for evighet familer. Joseph Smith er en sann profet og underviste sannhetet. Jeg elser dere!
Love, Søster Chapman



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. What Elder Nelson said about ancestors praying for you to teach their descendants, confirms feelings and thoughts that I have had as I have done work for many Norwegian ancestors of my wife and myself. I have myself prayed that the descendants of these good people may be found and that you and the other Norsk Misjonaerer will be led to them. Keep on the lookout, you will have help from beyond the veil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike, I've copied and pasted your comment into an email to Sierra. Thank you!

      Delete