Sunday, October 6, 2013

PASSED!!!

Hei hei!
Guess what!? I PASSED MY DRIVING TEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was the first sister in the mission to get a licence! And then a couple hours later, Sister McArthur got hers too!!!! :)


I was absolutely terrified. I practiced driving with my teacher one time. Then I did a practice test, and the man i practiced with had to step on his brakes twice...(i didnt yield...) and then right before the test I got to drive with my teacher again...where he stepped on the break once. So I was terrified. The morning of my test I actually made myself sick I was so scared. But, I went and took the test. The man was so nice and he let me talk to him the whole time! There was actually another man in the back watching how the guy did it, but that wasnt bad! In Norway, especially Kristiansand, it is FULL of round abouts, and there is almost NO stop signs. So you are always yielding. Anyways, I was so blessed. I saw afterwards that I wasnt supposed to have that man with me and that it was supposed to be another rute, but it changed! I didnt want to be in the city that much, and we werent! At the beginning he asked me a Safety Question, and I think I actually got it right! He had me turn on the emergency flashers, and then asked which lights you dont use when they are on...I said the back lights...I dont know! haha Anyways, afterwards we just sat in the car and he said, "Congratulations on your driving practices." and so i didnt know if he was saying I passed or not...thinking he was! But then he was like, "And now I will tell you why you passed."


And I got SOOO excited! Ill send you a picture of the paper with his notes on it. Anyways, I stepped out of the car, walking back to the Vegvesen and the Sisters came up to me and I screamed I PASSED!!!


And we all jumped and got super excited! haha :) Then i got to go take a picture, I got to take it a few times, because its in a little machine thing that I control (better than the states haha) and then they gave me a temporary licence until i get mine in the mail!!!!!! I called the people I needed to and talked to Sister Evans, Presidents wife, and told her I passed and she whooped and hollered on the phone, and then she was like, "President! Sister Chapman passed her driving test!!!" And that day they had had a meeting with other missionaries there, and so everyone yelled and were so excited! Haha! Ahhhh what a relief!!!!!!!! Now President can send me wherever!!!! :) So Sister McArthur and I right now are the only sisters with licences!!!!! :)


More news, I was so nervous for moves call. It was yesterday morning, and sister m and i both thought at least one of us is moving because both of us can drive. But then they said, "Sister Chapman will continue serving with her current companion Sister McArthur." Or something like that! CRAZY!


And Sister Johnson is going to move to Rome Rike. For some reason I am just So sad that she is leaving.


You think goodbyes are over when you say goodbye to your family at the MTC, but it just keeps coming. It never ends!
Yesterday was the first day at the school for church! The Church building is under construction now. Anyways, that was fun :) Our MMK (ward mission leader) had us missionaries over for dinner yesterday for tacos and finnish pancakes (his step dad is finnish) and they were DELICIOUS!!!!! :)


Cute story. We were knocking on doors in an area and we knocked on one ladies door. She wasnt interested and so we kept knocking on others. But when we were walking back to the bus she had us come in to her house so that we could eat some of her fresh homemade rolls! She took out brown and white cheese, jam, and meet. It was so sweet! She wasnt interested in the church, but we gave her a card with the mormon.org website so she could see that if she wanted information. It was SO sweet!!!!! :)


The elders also had a baptism on Saturday! That was cool. I gave the talk on the Holy Ghost. Antonia Ibanez is the mans name and hes from the phillippines! Funny funny guy. hahaha


We also went to the Salgados house on tuesday for dinner and a lesson. My FAVORITE people in the world! Christine is honestly one of my favorite people in Norway. I would come back just to visit her. They are just a "koselig" family. :)


Its looking like fall here!!!! Since yesterday when sister johnson had to actually think about leaving here and she had to say goodbye to people, I have realized even more how much I LOOOOVE Kristiansand.


It is gorgeous!!!! The leaves are changing colors and its getting chilly. Ahhhh you would all LOVE LOVE LOVE it!
Today we went shopping...haha I bought a scarf at H&M for 20 kr, which is less that five bucks!!! :) I also bought a dictionary. Sister Johnson had bought one, but she is leaving, so i needed one! We got little ones from the MTC, but they ereally arent that good. And since its just me and sister mcarthur here, well I atleast need it!!!! It was 418 kr...so around 70 bucks :/ But it was definitely worth it because I will use it my whole mission.


Also today we went to an area close to our appartment called Ravnedalen :) It looks like a little fairy village! It was quite a hike, but GORGEOUS!!! I will send pictures :)





Anyways, I love you all so much and I miss you all like crazy. I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO EXCITED FOR GENERAL CONFERENCE IN MY LIFE!!!! AND IT IS THIS WEEK!!!!!!!!! :) I wish I could be there with you all so much. But I pray for each of you every day. I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
JEG ELSKER DERE SÅ MYE!!!!! :)





Hilsen,
Søster Chapman

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment