Tuesday, September 17, 2013

busy, busy, busy!

Heisann! :)
Family! I miss you all so much!!! This week has actually been pretty good! :) We can start with last P-day. It was raining, so we decided to go to a museum...not just any museum. It use to be a torture chamber for people in WW2. It is called Arkivet....creepy!!! It was just us missionaries with the guide. The scary thing about it, is that it wasnt like a museum in America, you could touch original things, and even one of the rooms wasnt even changed from how it was originally, the walls had been painted and written on, but other than that I think it was the same....so it was CRAZY! He showed us after the tour was over, because it might not have been part of the tour. Ill tell you all about it when i get home, cuz it is just too creepy to write in an email. Anyways, it was really sad. But intersting too.


So the next day we met with the man that came to church last last sunday! His name is juan and he is from Syria! He doesnt speak very good english, so we used a pamphlet, thank goodness! Anyways he said yes to a soft baptismal committment, so taht was good! But then for our next visit with him, he didnt answer his phone and didnt show up! Then he didnt come to church yesterday either and we cant reach him... so well see :(


The next day we went out to Mandal to eat with a recent returned missionary (who actually converted in Las Vegas as a foreign exchange student) and his mom who isnt a member! Super deilig food! :) And they were sweet.


The next day we ate at another members house! (we ate at members houses so much this weeek!!!!!!!!!!) We ate at the Salgodos house, the family that I just LOVE! She is norsk, he is chilean but grew up in Norway,and they have a little baby that is darling! we had like....a cilantro pasta that she made and it was SO good! Then we had some apple crisp stuff with some vanilla ice cream :) Then we taught them the 3rd lesson!


Later that night we taught one of our investigators, Mouyy, from Cambodia. She has a 4 year old down syndrome boy, who is absolutely adorable!!!! But she told us that she got an answer!!!!!!!!! When she prayed she had a good feeling! YAY! But she said she was thinking about getting baptized closer to Christmas...we were thinking September 27th! So she is going to pray about it :)


Then on friday it POURED! It rained! Haha, we got a kebab that night, from our favorite kebab place called Happy Time. Oh man it is SO delicious!!!
On Saturday, it rained again!


We went to a less actives house and thought we were going to teach there children who are baptismal age, but havent been baptized yet. but instead we did service (cleaned) and then made dinner :) (TACOS!) And then we ate quick and caught the bus home! (ask az about the story I told her about the bus stop haha)
That night we were at the Center. We left and then came back, and sister mcarthur saw a purse and some jackets that were NOT there before! So we got creeped out a little. Sister Johnson looked through the purse and it was Sister Cressels! (the seniour couples) they were out of town with family, but htey had gotten back that night! So we checked everywhere to find them, and they werent there! And there car wasnt there either. So we were going to leave, so we turned off all the lights, left a note for them, and began saying a prayer by the glass door. In my head I was thinking of scary things, like someone just standing at the door after our prayer, or thinkgs like that...i know i know...hahaha....but after the prayer i decided to look, just to check, so we all opened our eyes when the prayer was over. And there was a MAN STANDING AT THE DOOR! Just standing there staring at us!!!!! We all screamed bloody murder! I got a bruise on my knee a jumped/ran for .2 seconds hahaha! It ended up being ELDER CRESSEL! The funniest thing is that Sister McArthur had never met him before, so it was just a random man to her!!!! HAHA! Oh my goodness! Well you should all be thankful for my saftety skills, becuase before we looked around for the cressels earlier, I locked the door (from the inside) and so even if elder cressel was a creepy man, he wouldnt be able to come in! :)





So then yesterday at church we had 3 investigators come!!!!!!!!!! Wafaa, who we had taught earlier that week, came! I almost cried during her lesson, becuase she wansnt sounding so positive, and i really really really dont want to drop her. But I translated/dumbed down the norsk for her in relief society and in sunday school! Then during sunday school 2 of our our other investigators, Rai and his daughter Ananga came!!!!!! :) I sat by them in Sacrament Meeting :) Then we sang, us misisonaries, in Sacrament Meeting. We sang "O Store Gud" (How Great Thou Art) :) And a man in the ward that composes music and is amazing at the piano, played! Then later we went to a members house, our ward mission leader, and had dinner and dessert, afterwards there was a fireside, Elder And Sister Cressals daughter and son in law did it, (they are going to email you guys with pictures i think haha :) And during it our investigator rai called to give us directions. While we all were outside, (sister m, sister j, and i) there was a lady that was looking at the family proclamation in the window. So we started talking to her. Long story short, she was a critic. She changed from norsk, to english...shes an utlander, and would not let us speak. She wanted us to answer the question if our church is the only one with authority to baptize. We answered that question a ocuple times. Then after I told her that this is the only church with the authority, bearing my testiomny, she looked into my eyes and said, "Sister, you are wrong." And i think she went off saying more. I said to her, "Can i just say something?" (she would not let us speak) And so I began by saying, "This is something that means a lot to me..." And then, for the first time ever, i started crying talking to someone on the street. I could not talk. My heart was broken that she told me flat out that my testimony was wrong and that what i said was wrong. And I think i was frustrated inside that she didnt let us talk. Anyways, it became contentious and so we ended up telling her she could have a card if she wants...but i just left by telling her that God loves her. She even said to us, "Why would I need a card when I have living witnesses right here?" yeah... i dont know. hahah It just broke my heart though.


Anyways, then later last night we got SOAKED in the rain! Ill send some pictures to you all. :)

Also, I will be starting my driving stuff soon! I have my temporary permit, after exchanging my american for that, so next step is to take some driving lessons and take my test!!! Lots havent passed, so pray for me that I do! It will probably be a month until i take it though.

So far I have spoken in my sleep in norsk already!!! haha! And Sister Mcarthur said that I taught a lesson in my sleep too. hahaha I was like, "You can live with your family...For EVER!"

Also, President started this in Norway, that we speak Norsk ALL day on tuesdays, and then one other day of the week. Our companionships is friday. And that we only speak norsk out of the apartment when we can. my norsk is getting better! :)

Anyways, I love you all so much and Ill send some pictures!!! I hope all is going well!!!!!

Love, Søster Chapman
:)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment