Monday, October 21, 2013

Many Miracles

Kjære familie,
This week has been SO busy! Really, last night Sister McArthur and I were about to plan and we started talking and realized we hadnt really talked this entire week. Yes, we had talked, but not how each of us was doing, we had been SO busy we had no time to talk about things! haha


anyways, last monday we had Canadian Thanksgiving! It was absolutely delicious. They have a type of soda called Jul Brus (Christmas Soda) for each area that you are in. So they had the one from Kristiansand there, SO deilig! I was okay, and then started having pie and I just missed you all so bad. I miss our thanksgiving when we set all the pies with tin foil outside and then wait until later to eat them. Ahhh I miss it!!! My companion said, "you are going to be a mess at Christmas time.." haha I hope not!!
Anyways, the next day I went to the Doctor! I got my blood results back! And my Iron is supposed to be between 15 and 20? And I am at an 8...not good. But I went and bought 100 miligram iron pills...but I took one and that night my heart was pounding really hard again. So at Zone Conference, Sister Evans gave me 65 milg. iron pills to cut in half and take. The other thing that dr. said was that I have traces of having mono! But that I dont have it anymore...so...sister mcarthur and I think that that is what I had for a couple months on my mission, and then I got over it! CRAZY!


So then later that day we visited our new convert, David, and then later that night ate at a members house! We had the typical Kjøttkaker, potatoes, and peas. We also had broccoli and then later had pears with cream and chocolate, then pudding with vanilla sauce, and THEN Marie had her husband go and buy chocolate, because we hadnt tried one of their favorites, and then they gave us that when we went home :) Before we ate at their house we went and knocked on doors in their area, and I will send pictures of that! SOOOO beautiful!!!!





On Wednesday, Sister Pace, one of the Sister Training Leaders, came and worked with us! It was amazing the miracles that occured. We were contacting and talking to a lady when all of a sudden another lady came up and started going off telling this lady not to listen to us. She told her that she had read things and blah blah blah. So Sister Pace offered to give her a card, with mormon.org on it, so that she could read information that was correct. Then the lady told us she didnt want to discuss (hahaha, she came up to us..?) And then left. Anyways, we gave the other lady a card, then went over to a wall. Sister Pace shared a scripture with us, and then we said a prayer. We only had 10 minutes left to contact, and so she asked for miracles. 2 of the first people we talked to after that gave us their numbers, and we got an appointment with them! THAT, what a miracle. Later that day we ate with a member, visited 2 of our investigators (who we were very bold with, telling them how important church was) and then our appointment with another investigator fell through that night! So we had Benjamin Torjesen (my old district leader who is from here haha) come contact with us! That day, we recieved NINE numbers and THREE appointments!!!! IT WAS A MIRACLE DAY! SOOO cool! We really came to know that when you recognize little tender mercies, the Lord will give you more and more. :)


The next day we woke up SUPER early to start driving to Stavnager! I got to drive! :)
We got the elders, and only about 30 or 45 minutes out of the city, there was completely stopped traffic! 2 hours later, we started driving again! (we were late...haha)


But, it was a miracle that that wasnt us in the TERRIBLE accident. We had stopped to get gas that took probably about 15 minutes. Sister Pace said that she thought in her head...."oh, only if we wouldnt have gotten gas, we could have driven past before the accident happend!" Then she thought, "or that could have been us..." It was truly a tender mercy. But Zone conference was GREAT! They emphasized working with members, and since then we have had a couple member teaches!!! Such a difference and blessing to have members on teaches! I looove it! Members can do and bring something that we cant as missionaries. Lots of peple see us as just, missionaries for life! So it is great to have "regular people" here to help. (If you all have a chance to go out with the missionaries, go! :) ) They REALLY emphasized member missionary work this Conference. Anyways, after conference, we took the train home around 7:30 that night. But before that, another tender mercy happened! We were about to go to a dinner appointment with the other sisters. I really wanted to see the yw from stavanger, and all of a sudden, Annett was there! They had seminary that night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Annett hugged me like none other and I got to see Linn too!!! AHHHH i love these people!!! I got to see others too :) So fun :) Before we left, Annett pulled me aside. She brought me into the yw room and began talking to me. She said, "I was talking to my Heavenly Father. And I am going to go on a mission!" She went on to say, "I told Him that if you came back before Christmas, that would be my answer to go on a mission. If you came back before Easter I might go. And if you didnt come back until after that, then I wouldnt go." She was crying and it just touched my heart sooo much. A few minutes later I looked down at my hand, took off my ctr ring and put it on her finger. She is only 15, but decided now to on a mission. Oh, I just love her with all of my heart! She is the SWEETEST! My life is full of tender blessings!


Anyways, we took the train home and had a good nights sleep!
Friday night we were able to go to a YWs activity in Ksand. It was about missionary work! We shared our stories and told them all about why we are here and what we do each day. It was so cool because ALL of the young women (less active and active) were there!!!! I think 5 :) So great!
Then on Saturday we did some service for Emily, the canadian girl in the ward :) She got permission for us to hold her baby from president, because she hasnt been feeling great, and she helped us do some service for her...clean out her scrapbooking shelf!!!
That was so fun :) Later that night we visited some investigators, and then we had a teach with Abdulla (an investigator) and we had Hannah and Benjamin (in the ward) on the teach with us! It was SO cool to have members on the teach. Especially Hannah, who is a young women, who was nervous. But she had such a sweet spirit, and her testimony was exactly what was needed.
Then we had church yesterday! We visited with Mouyy, our investigator from Cambodia with a baptismal date, and then had dinner with Aida and her family! :) Later last night we had a teach with one of our investigators, Goran (from Croatia). Christine Salgado came with us and HOLY COW! It is the COOLEST thing to have members on teaches! :) She was able to connect with him and share what she felt she needed to share...and it was perfect. He said that he will be baptized when he knows its true, but right now is just learning. Ive been teaching him since it was just me and sister johnson here, but hopefully we get to start meeting with him more and things start progressing more :)


SO, Thats my week for you all! We have been SO tired! Trying to go to bed before 10:30, but it hasnt been working! Anyways, hopefully this week is just as busy, but we get more sleep haha :)
I love you all so much and I pray for you all all of the time!!! Ill send some pictures in a little bit!
be safe and ill talk to you all soon! did you get the letters I sent?
love you all so much!!!!!!!!!! :)
Love, Søster Chapman


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment