Monday, June 17, 2013


Hallo Familie!
This week was great!!! I definitely grew this week.


One of the cool things we did this week was one of the girls in our ward asked us to be in a documentary she is doing for school. Its her last project before i think she graduates with a photography major? Anyways, we did it in english, sister mourik and i could express ourselves better in english at this point, and she just asked us different questions about our lives relating to the gospel and about the gospel. I went first and I got asked about my family and other things! They said I did really well, and i totally iknow that i got my tiny bit of talent in that from you mom!! haha, it was way fun! They asked my companions way for doctrinal things like the law of chasity and stuff. It was way cool though and she is going to give us a copy so i'll see if i can get it to you all! We did not have good success with numbers this week, but i do think we brought a lot of people closer to Christ, and that's what really really matters.


This morning during my personal study...holy cow - BEST study i have like...ever had! all of you should read D&C 6! It was exactly what I mean. These past couple days I have been beating myself about things I overthink. And in that section...i think verses 21 and 22 its when the Lord is talking to Oliver Cowdery i think and he says you have already felt that peaceful feeling, isn't a witness of the Lord enough? And that was exactly what I needed!!!!!! It was like the Lord said that to Olvier Cowdery so that I could read it years later. Way way cool! Then towards the end it talks about how if there are 2 or THREE people who go out and preach the gospel, to remember that He is there with us helping. It was so cool :) Cuz there are 3 of us and it just worked so well.


It says if people refuse you, you are blessed and just remember that you can't be hurt more than the Lord...or something like that. And ifyou are, you will life with Him forever! It also says not to doubt or have fear, but to think of Him ALWAYS! You all just need to read it...cuz i'm wording it not so well.
Hmmm let me think. So I just went grocery shopping a little ago and i got salmon and chocolate :) OH my goodess you would all LOVE it here! Brookie - we ride public transporation all the time and we pass really cool things. And I totally think of you so much when we pass different houses. They are mustard, white, brown, coral, etc. Such classy colors. Mom - You would LOVE it here too! Within an hour you can pass rolling green hills with sheep, to the ocean with boats galore, to little shops with cobblestone roads. AHHH! I love it!


You can just ride the bus to get groceries, then ride it home, and on our way home we have a catholic or something church really close to us. When we were leaving today to come to the church the bells...oh wait i think that was yesterday..? anyways, the bells from the churhc were just going non stop. :) It is also WAY nice today outside! It is blue sky! And we can see the ocean from our house!
I feel like my Norweigan is getting way better too! It is so hard to understand though. Sometimes...well like. everytime that we street contact i have to act like I udnerstand what the people are syaing to me hahaha then I let sister clark talk (: I have also done So much better at bus contacting. I think I told you all about teh scripture I read on the bus that motivated me to never let someone go by sitting by my without talking to them. I usually start out with a language question and then it just goes into why im here etc....or i bring it up :) This morning during personal study i got SO pumped up! Sister mourik acutlaly read d&C 6 also...crazy!...and when she was talking i just started ot histericaly laugh and cry because I was SOOOO happy! I was just punched in the face with the Spirit!!!! Haha! It was GREAT!
Caci and Az would LOVE road of shops here...Kiss - the band was actually here 2 days ago, and we were eating a kabob (our trainer buys them for us our first time...yummmy!) where all the shops were and people had there faces painted like kiss! haha (: But its kinda like a little italy! cobblestone roads and different shaped shops all smooshed together :) Anyways...hmmmm...let me think if there is anything else. Oh, EVERYONe think i look like miley cyrus here. Haha, we were eating at a members house yesterday and the girl, annett said that the first day i met the young women, everyone was saying how i looked like miley cyrus hahaa (: And yesterday was actually stake conference! It was a broadcast from sweden for all of scanidnavia. President Monson was supposed to be there -but his wife and all :( - so he just had a little recording. But M. Russel Ballard Spoke and it was Amazing! they are really pusshing for members to be missionaries. :)
Anyways, hmmm idk what else to talk about! It is hard being in a new city - bc all of us sisters are new here. We have to figure everything out kinda...which of the progressors are really really going to progress with us, etc. But we are also trying to find to. We have sport every saturday with the youth - where we just play sports with them and they are invited to invite there friends. A gorgrous norweigna girl named mina invited her friend veronica last time and when we were sitting down I started talking to her! And guess what? We have an appointment with her tomorrow on tuesday! :) And we thought she was coming to church yesterday -but she didn't :/ It's way cool here, becuase its really like were teaching the whole world. People from all over the world are in Norway! We meet people from Africa, Germany, and ESPECIALLY the Philippines!!!!!!!! I can always talk to them to, cuz I can say Bry is there RIGHT NOW! haha :) They are SO nice and open too! (the norwegians are not always as open). Life is so good though :) Ahhhh I love it here. :) So my comp sister mourik, we call her a hipster because of all this stuff about her. and it made me way happy cuz one of the elders said that I would be categorized as antique! woot woot! haha :)
Another thing, it is SO hilly here. My calves are huge. I think i'm gaining weight in muscle in my legs! .lol, also, I never use heat on my hair- cuz i havent' tried to use my converter yet. Sister mourik tried hersa nd it charged her ipod in like 2 minutes completely and it was hot! She thought it was going to blow up! hahaha anyways, transfers are in a couple weeks, but i am 98 percent positive i am staying here (: they have a 12 week program for us greenies. (: Next week on pday i htink we are hiking Prektastulen (totally not how to spell it) the rock that is in like...all the norway picturwes! (; but that'll be WAY fun! And another week we are going to go on a boat on a fjord :) OH! Another reason why you would all love it here is because of the freshness of the food. Everything tastes amazing. The honey is SO good...veggies, way good (i bought spinach last week...and our fridge was freezing things...so it ruined it and i didn't buy more this week..haha) you would all LOVE it so much here! It kinda reminds me of sitka - but european style (: Anyways, I'll send pics now! I love you all SO much!
Jeg elser dere!
Være trygg!
Og gleme ikke at jeg be for dere!
Love, Søster Chapman


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment