Monday, June 17, 2013

First Real Lesson

Hei hei familie!
This week has been pretty good! Actually, pretty stressful haha, but good too! Oh, funny story! So I was eating corn with these fish cake things we get at the store, theyre actually really good haha, and i was finished and going to get more or something. I lifted it over sister mouriks head...and realzed that some of the fish\corn oil spilt. And i just stopped and looked at sister clark with a panicked face and sister mourik said, `Sister Chapman. Did you just drip fish oil on my head?` hahahahahaha! it was so funny. And then i was eating them a little later and I was talking and a chunk of fish flew out of my mouth, INTO her purse! I was just dying because i thought it was so funny!!!
Another weird story.


On Saturdays we have this thing called sport, where we meet with investigators and youth and just play sports. This week we played soccer. And two men that the elders invited came. I was just standing there, minding my own business, when i looked over and one of those grown mean were changing right there! It looked like he had no pants on and he was talking to us or something!!! So I just walked away...super awkward and i looked over and he was just standing there in his underwear!!!!!! This grown man!!!!! On the field! EW! hahahaha az would have died. hahahaha and then while we were playing i was on there team at one point. One of them kept yelling CHAAAAPMAAAAAN! Like how kostya (definitely dont know how to spell his name haha) would have said it. Now sister mourik makes fun of it and says it haha


We had our first real lesson this week! We met with some muslims the first or second week we were here, but that was at centrum...i guess it was a real lesson. But this past week we met with people at the church! 3 muslims haha, but they have potential! Well see! I could feel the gift of tongues while i would say something! And i really felt the Spirit! It was way cool :)
The day after I emailed you last week was Zone Conference. They really focused on becoming a successful missionary and a concecrated missionary. That is a hard thing to do. Putting EVERYTHING on the alter for the Lord. But im really going to strive to do that! Being here in stavanger is like being a missionary for the world! People from all over are here! Also, Stavanger is one of the most expensives cities in the world! Oslo is ranked as number 1 most expensive city in the world! President Evans said that the money that we pay every month doesnt even come close to how much money we need on our missions. Really, each we get about 300 dollars on our cards, for food\transportation and missionary related things! That doesn't include for housing. so crazy! So pretty much, the money going towards brys mission is really going towards me! crazy huh!?


For zone conference sister mourik and i sang Come Thou Fount with me playing the guitar and i think it sounded really good. The YSA room in the church ahs two guitars in it which is cool! and we have one in our apartment.
I started crying\laughing today when i heard a song from our cd player. Some sisters left cds and so we were listening to an efyish one and the song about...oh great. Im forgetting it. haha but the song about how shes on an airplane and they guy says hes athiest...remember? Idk, but mom you would play it on the computre like every Sunday and it made me miss you!
(p.s. theres a older guy sitting next to me in here in the library that keeps looking at me and my screen...weird!) anyways haha


i have to hurry so i can send pictures, but lately i have been studying about angels. I really know that grandma is my guardian angel. The Lord is watching out for us, as missionaries me and bry, but also all of you, so much! There are always angels surrounding us. If you try to feel the angels around you, just like you listen for the Spirit, you can feel them. I know that there are always angels around me helping me. Helping me not be scared, and have courage. Russel M. Nelsons wife said that we can pray for any angel, by name, character, trait, etc. I love that. Also, as missionaries, it is so important to have the Holy Ghost as our Senior Companion. The Holy Ghost knows these people on the street better than anyone!


It is just so sad when we start talking to someone on the street and they say, ` Nei takk! ` I just want to say, NO! YOu NEED THIS! You just dont understand! people think that they are fine, when really they could be so much happier! Anyways, I want to send pictures! so ive gotta go, but i love you all so much og jeg be for dere hver dag! Jeg er veldig takknemlig for dere og at bry er en misjionær og. Han er en eksempel til meg. Gud elsker oss og vi kan bo hos ham igjen, sammen, hvis vi følger Ham.
Ha en bra uke! :)


Love, Søster Chapman





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment