Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Joys and Pains

MOM'S NOTE: Sierra is very open in her letters, even knowing they are posted on a blog. Because of reactions from others who have been helped tremendously by her honesty in these letters, she continues to share her heartfelt feelings and I continue to post them for her. PS: can I hear a big WOW for her artistic pictures this week?!



Kjære alle sammen,
Im just going to be completely honest and tell you that this was a hard week for me. It was one of my hardest weeks on my mission. Partially the work, our investigors were disappointing us a little, but satan has been getting at me so bad this week. Its so hard. I dont know who of you all have seen the new Alice in Wonderland by Tim Burton - I know Bry knows what Im talking about - but you know that last battle she has. She has become something so great! With so much armor and she has to kill the jaberwakee? I feel like I am at my last battle with Satan! That he has seen that I have become more than he wanted me to, so he is going to try and kill me. Now Im not trying to make a joke out of this, because thats literally how I feel right now! I feel like Satan is an idiot.
Anyways, prayers would be appreciated (I know you all pray for me anyways, but extra ones wouldnt hurt) :)


On my mission ive learned what reality is. Reality is that we are here to learn and to grow. Reality is that we are going to go through hard times. Reality is that we can either get stronger and come closer to Christ, or get weaker and go away from Him. I know what ive been trying to do and even though we are told in our heads that weve failed, or were fat, or were ugly, or shes better than me, or hes got a better job than me, we can use that trial or that annoying whisper from Satan to make us stronger! Each time Satan tries rubbing something on our faces, we can turn to the Lord. And each time we turn to the Lord, our relationship grows stronger with Him. Sister Buhler and I were talking about this last night. Satan, without knowing, is doing us a favor! Because Satan is such a jerk and a bully and a doofus, we HAVE to rely on the Savior...and because we rely on the Savior we get stronger. So, if you think about it, Satan helps us get closer to the Savior! Nice move, Satan! Oh he bugs me so bad though...


Anyways, that was me rambling, Ill tell you about my week now.
Last Monday was a good pday. We went to Oslo to a big thrift store called UFF...and I found some things to bring home to some of you! Today I will be doing more shopping...well see how that goes! We went to try some potentials and a referral that night. And although we didnt get to talk to the potentials, we got a hold of the referral and got an appointment with her! And we also got a referral from a danish man that called Sister Buhlers phone :)
On Tuesday we had a meeting with our district and MMK for a finding activity we are going to have - a street stand in the city. We later taught Ivan, with our MMK Brother Kerr (from Scotland) and that went really well. :) Then we went to a dinner that night with a family from England and the elders! Delicious dinner and a cute family. But….we ended up missing a meeting we had with all the missionaries, the mmk, and the bishop. I felt horrible and I knew that it was our lack of planning and responisbility. This is when my stress got to me and the hard week began.


On Wednesday I woke up with a stomach ache. Satan is trying to kill me, guys!...haha. anyways, we had district meeting in Oslo, and then we did some weekly planning. The happiest part of my day was teaching our investigator, Tobias. We taught him again, in the graveyard by our house...haha, and we talked about the Plan of Salvation! It went so well! He had read the chapter we gave him, said we could write more chapters for him to read because he has vacation this week and will bring the MB with him! Keep in mind this is a 17 year old Norwegian kid. He also said he would come to some our our church activities this weekend! HE IS AWESOME AND WE LOVE HIM!!! I got a blessing from some of the elders a little later, and I am really thankful for the Priesthood. On Wednesday we went to a train/bus station to teach our investigator tony. He brought a friend, but his friend wasnt so nice. Tony left way quick...so we only taught a tiny little sliver of what we planned. We went to an appointment a little later, and that fell through, then we taught our investigator, Marcel, in Oslo with a member named Hakim. Another appointment fell through and we then celebrated Sister Aasens birthday! A good fun end to the day!


Friday was splits with the Sister Training Leaders, Sister Aasen and Sister Harrison. We studied a the center, and then Sister Harrison and I taught Martin, an investigator, with Snorre, a ward missionary! It went way well. Sister Harrison said that when teaching together she felt so peaceful, so that was good. :) We were bold with him and I know that the Spirit led it! Then we went to the trainstation to get to an appointment. With my scatterbrained mind I tried getting us to the right train but we ran 3 or so times back and forth to check the board, and then to another spor haahaha ah man. So our appointment fell through. We tried knocking on a potenitals door, no answer, but on the way down the hill, I saw this HUGE RED CENTAPEDE, so i gasped and Sister Harrison yelled this horrible, NOOOO!!!! And grabbed my arm and we stepped back. HAHA it is probably a "you had to be there" moment...but it was hilarious! Ill send pictures of it later. :)


But we banked and taught 2 lessons to 2 youth. Sister Harrison and I talked about it and the youth in Norway are like the Lamanites. The foolish traditions of their parents are what the problem is! It breaks my heart that these sweet youth that are yearning for the truth are stopped becasue of their parents. Right now I am trying to finish the MB with the focus on Jesus Christ. And I have never loved the Book Of Mormon more in my life than I do now. It is amazing! Sister Harrison and I contined to work together, then we all did some service for this less active norwegian lady, who is also a bit blind. then I went with Sister Aasen. The appointment fell through, we were going to do some lanugage study that we didnt get to do earlier, and it was the night of institute so lots of ysa were there! I got so see people from Drammen and it was so great! :) A little later we ate dinner with the sisters and talked about our day. Then when we were leavning, a huge miracle happened! We walked and right when we were going to walk to the sidewalk, two phillippinos walked past, we looked at each other and I went speechless! IT WAS 2 POTENTIALS FROM TROMSØ! I literally could not speak! haha, HOW IN THE WORLD could I be a thte exact place at that exact time to see 2 of the people sister rupp and I found months ago MILES away!? It was insane! I will try to meet with them when theyre here! :) It was a reminder to me that the Lord is with me, aware of me, and loves me.


On Saturday there was a baptism! Elin, a norwegian girl the elders were teaching, got baptized! It was so great and there were lots of people there. :) None of our investigators we were expecting to come, came. We did some banking, and met a sweet couple. One from Kristiansand and the other from Bergen! (another tender mercy). And then we slept over at the sisters that night. :) So fun to be with them!


Sunday was a good day. Probably one of my best days this past week. We had church...which was so amazing. After this sunday I can tell you with a stronger testimony why the Sacrament is important and how important it is to go to church. Although none of our investigators came, I know the Lord was watching out for me. The sisters had lots of investigators in chruch! It was great! So they were having me go with them to the sunday schools they needed me in. I started in norsk, then got pulled into spanish, then finally ended up in english. haha then we had sacrament meeting. I love the sacrament, i love listening to the talks, and I know that the Lord loves me. I had special experiences this sunday. And decided to get another blessing after church from Elder Rasmussen, the senior couple. It was the sweetest blessing, and I am really, REALLY thankful for the Priesthood. Our appointment later that day fell through and so we banked. We saw the most beautiful sunset, pink clouds dancing around in the sky - another tender mercy.


Im sorry this email was full of me expressing my hard week. But I know that throught the hardest times, come the best of times. I know that this week was hard for me so that I can see the beauty and happiness these next couple weeks will bring me...that is probably why I even had a hard week...because Heavenly Father loves me so much! The hardness is still here...but is wearing off, and i know that it wont last much longer. :)


I love you all and hope you have a great week!
XOXO
STOR KLEM,
Søster Chapman :)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment