Monday, September 22, 2014

Dear Family,


I had a great week! And it sounds like you have all had a great week too! Today there are blue skies, beautiful orange trees, and crisp SUPER WINDY air! Its fall and I love it! I hope it cools down in Henderson before I go home. I dont think I will be able to handle the heat! haha
Yesterday I was talking to the other sisters investigator about fall in Henderson...and I completely forgot how it is! Leaves dont change colors there...right? They just fall off... I dont know! Anyways, not important. haha
Monday was a good pday! After doing some emailing, we went and looked around the mall, in the same building! I am looking for things to bring home for each of you! And last monday, I found something for Caci! None of these things are really big, but they remind me of you all and they are Norwegian, so Im excited for you all to see. :) We had a teach in the middle of the day, so went and taught that with Cecilia (member from Alta) and then finished somethings up and came back to Nordstrand. We had an appointment with someone other sisters had found, so we went and no one answered the door. So we made a note, stuck it in the door, and decided to just check the side of the house, where there was another door. And there the lady was, laying on a couch with her husband sitting on the other end! haha, it was a little weird, but we went and sat with them, and taught them the 1st lesson! She is from India, and he is from Norway. Twinkle and Harald. :) It was so funny, because he was a referral from that, and I think older Norwegian men dont really want to admit that they are interested, but they really are! And Harald was like that. Really interested in what we had to say, but trying to play it cool. :) Then we went to the train stop and taught Tony! The Albanian I met the previous Sunday. We taught him and then were stranded at the bus/train station until the bus came. It was dark, cold, and kind of creepy. But we survived and got home safe and sound. We also saw a potential, after getting off a bus and them getting on....or something like that, and her friend that she had referred to us! So we got a contacted referral! It was a miracle!


On Tuesday we had a meeting with our district to discuss some things, and guess who called? DAVID! From Kristiansand! (well, living in Oslo now) We met up with him and were able to talk with him about how things are going. He know that this is true. He really does. He just has some problems with difference cultures, etc. But he promised me he would come to church...either here or wherever he was! He didnt come here on Sunday, so he better have gone in Kristiansand! We went banking a little later, right before an appointment with Inger, a less active. We were banking on doors, and got 2 referrals! One of which was really special. We knocked on a door and a lady probably about 60 answered. She was SO nice and talked a lot with us. She was just taking care of her grandaughter this week or something like that. She told us we could come back to talk with her daughter the next week. But we asked if we could pray with her before we left, and she invited us in to pray for her grandaughter. I dont know what it is, but her grandaughter has some mental health problem. She cant control her body, cant speak, etc. It is hearbreaking, but she had the sweetest spirit. We sat there on the ground and prayed. Her name was Eva Nathalie. It was a precious experience. Inger didnt answer the door (found out later she wasnt home) but dropped off some cookies and a note. That night we met with Marcel and had a member, Joseph, help us with the teach! Good day!


On Wednesday we had Zone Leader Training! This was a hard day for me. Our one appointment, that I was way excited for fell through, and my emotions went crazy. (its happening now, since time is going by so fast). We banked! Anyways, that night we had a meeting with the bishop about the area.
Thursday was a good day. We did some weekly planning, and then went to Oslo to teach a man named Jan Ole, with Cecilia! He is way cool...searching for the truth, and feeling like its in the buddhist religion. But he is open, and great! Then we studied language with Cecilia! She is from Alta, so it was way fun with her dialect! There is so much to learn!!!!! haha We ate dinner with her afterwards and it turned out to be a good day. :)


Friday was also good! We had interviews that morning with President and Sister Evans. And boy do I love them. I feel so blessed to have such a great Mission President. And mission mom. I of course cried, but they are both so sweet. I love talking with them! I got permission from President Evans to visit Debby in Drammen! If I can get an appointment with her. I tried contacting her on facebook, (so if you see ive been on, thats why :) ) And hopefully shes written back! Sister Evans showed me a really pretty song, called "Take time to be holy" And she said I should print out those words. You should listen to it, its beautiful! Also in the center after interviews they were going to have a big meeting for all the district leaders! So we were there with a bunch of elders. Went and got some kebabs for lunch and ate there. We went out to got teach someone, and instead taught a finnish man sitting in the park! He said he wasnt ready to believe in God. But when he is, one of the first things he will go to is The Book Of Mormon. :) He was here for the Marathon in Oslo! Cool, huh?! We taught our investigator, Ivan, afterwards, with the bishops daughter, Caroline! She got her mission call to Norway! So will be starting in December :) A little later we visited a less active lady named Gullveig. She told us how she hasnt been reading her scriptures lately, for no reason, and its hard to come to church. Afterwards, not trying to judge unrighteously or anything, I thought about women in my life that make sacrafices. Like Grandmother Call. She goes to church and even teaches a class even when she is tired and exhausted! That is conversion. And I wish that some of these older, less-active, norwegian women could see that example. We then took a train to Oslo and met Aida at the train station! She is so adorable! She gave me a bag (really...a big purse) full of food and chocolate. We were walking from the outside inside and a man she had met when she was here for the Elder Bednar conference came up to her! We sat down with him, and got an appointment! Then we ate Burger King with them, and headed back home.


Saturday was also good! We had 2 of our appointments fall through that morning, but it was all worth it because of the third that went so well. We met a boy named Tobias on the street last week? And met with him Saturday at 1. She is a 19 year old Norwegian boy. We went into the cemetary right by his house, and actually close to ours too, and taught him. He doesnt believe in God, but is reading the Bible to get information. It was SO great. Got a return appointment with him too :) Ahh it was so great! And such a miracle! We asked, if he could know that Christ had felt all that he has, would he want to know? And he thought about it and said something like, "yeah, I would want to know if I could." I really really really like him. It was such a miracle! We then facebooked Debby at this library and did our Progress Report! Then we went and had dinner with Aida and a bunch of Phillippinos! Haha! I dont know how Bry and Steve did it! I would gain so much weight if I ate that food everyday! Aida met this lady, Virginia, when she came for the Elder Bednar conference, got her number, found out her birthday had happened or was happening, and said it needed to be celbrated. So she came to put on a party. Of course her famly did lots too, but Aida made lots of food, invited us, and we came! We talked with the daughters boyfriend (or some man that was there) (norsk) about the church, him asking the questions etc. And right before we left, he asked Sister Buhler if she knew where a cafe was. Anyways, she got his number and we are going to meet with him! It was great!!! Aida came out with us afterwards and we went to go and knock on an investigators door, someone we hadnt met yet but the other sisters that were here taught. We knocked on the door and this man answered. I told him who we were and asked for Astrid, a 60 year old lady. He was so rude! He looked at me like I was stupid, said some weird thing while doing some hand motion, and as I kept asking for Astrid he said, "well..im not astrid." My natural man side came out of me and I wanted to say, "well thank you mr. obvious! Now let us talk with your mom!" but it didnt. Instead, I dont know what I was thinking, but I asked for referrals! haha! He told met to go to the church down the block, almost yelling at me. Anyways, that was pretty much the end of that night! We brought Aida back to the party after we finished banking, and then got home to do some planning.


Sunday was also good. We had MMK, then church! Jan Ole came! Let us know he was coming that morning! So that was a surprise. Our other 2 we were expecting were sick. And another just didnt come. Aida brought Virginia! 4 non member boys showed up, researching the church for an assignment! After church we went and ate dinner with a member. She is from England and her husband (on a business trip) is from here. He was her Zone Leader in Scotland! Anyways, her daughter and son in law (from Los Angeles) were there, along with the sisters investigator, Sigrid (who I knew in Drammen!) We had tacos, and then banana splits. It was nice being with a member family. It made me feel at home. :) Pauline, the mom, had been collecting doll house things since she was about 19, and in a cabnet, there were minuture things on each level! It was so cute! We were also lent some nice wool socks to wear. It was chilly outside and the floor was too. (very europian to do that!) Then we went and taught Ali, the man Aida met at the trainstation, and Virginia at the trainstation with Aida! Then travelled to a potentials house with Aida to teach. They were a muslim family. The teach actually went really well. But towards the end I broke. He saw that my backpack was sitting on my feet and that I was trying to grab a MB out of the bottom, under other things in my backpack. He was very abrupt and blunt about how he didnt like what I was doing. That holy books she never touch the ground. That they should always be above it. He stood up and showed me his books and started in a way...i dont know...mocking me?, and I took it as him pretty much telling me that I didnt respect the Book Of Mormon. I started crying! And I bore my testimony about the Book Of Mormon. Now, I know that it might just be my rollercoaster emotions...but it really did hurt my feelings! I dont disrespect the MB - I told him that I respect it by reading it, thanking Heavenly Father from it, etc. Anyways, we will probably meet with them again to watch the Restoration. Im sure they felt the Spirit that Heavenly Father blessed us with. We brought Aida to Virginias home, and then came home.


It was an overall good week! I am so thankful for the Book Of Mormon. We are reading it in 3 months, while underlining Christs name, His words, and His attributes. I only have about a week left, and so I have to read a lot each day. And I LOVE that! I love that I can understand the story better. And as I read the Book Of Mormon I really do feel the witness that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God. I wish and hope that everyone that I know would read the Book Of Momon. Why not? If it comes from God, how PRECIOUS is it? It is so precious and I KNOW that it is another testament of Jesus Christ. We are Christians, no matter what people say to us, because we believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost. I know its true. And I will never, ever be able to deny it.


I love you all so much and hope you have a great week!!!
Love, Søster Chapman :)



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Another Great Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment