Friday, July 18, 2014

Hello family!


Sorry this letter has come in so late! We left to go on the fjellheis and then hike down it! Ill send some pics a little later. :)


This week was really good! Last Pday after emailing, we RUSHED and ran to catch a bus (which was late) to get to the plane to Trondheim! As Sister Training Leaders we went on splits with the 4 sisters there! But first, on Monday night, we went on splits with Sister Burns and Sister Buhler. We taught a man named John. It was a little ridiculous. haha its interesting the different things people think!


Tuesday was a good day. I was with Sister Buhler most of the day. And we got the opportunity to teach a man named Johnny. He told us this was going to be the last time he met with us, and you know what ended up happening? Sister Buhler tried committing him to baptism! It was so cool! he didnt say yes, but we got another appointment with him! So that was way good! Its hard when the investigator studies all of this deep doctrine and doesnt want to hear about the basics, the things we need to get testimonies of before we talk about deep doctrine. Anyways, Sister Buhler was a bit sick, so we went to the appartment and she slept. We didnt have time to contact before the two other sisters came back, so after eating dinner, Sister Burns and I went out. Before we all left the appartment, we prayed and sister burns and I both turned back and she grabbed her scriptures and I grabbed an english and norwegian give away Book Of Mormons. I thought that we had an appointment with a man named Chris. But as we were walking she said that he had cancelled! So we went contacting. Trondheim is beautiful. But SO hot and humid this past week! We decided to go over a bridge and Sister Burns said something like, "It would be a miracle if we saw Chris!" (they had met him in the area we were going 2 days before.) As we walked, Sister Burns also said, "lets blow some bubbles and watch them bounce on the water!" We did and it really was so fun. :) (theres a reason Im telling you this story) Afterwards, we continued walking and talking to people.


We saw some geese in a random persons yard and took pictures by that. And then, Sister Burns said, "THATS CHRIS." Chris was coming our way!!! She, "Well thats weird that we saw you!" And he said "I dont think its weird." Chris is from Malta and is here as an art retainer (?) helping in one of the churches in Trondheim. He was going to go fishing in the river and we went with him. We sat on the grassy border of the shore as he fished. He didnt fish to get them, it was just for fun! We got to talking about the gospel, taught a lesson, and gave him a Book Of Mormon. It was the most chill teach ever, but exactly what he needed! He even said that he would be baptized if he knew it was true! And another miracle to this was that I had brought an english Book Of Mormon to give away and Sister Burns had a Book Of Mormon to read from! It was such a miracle! If we hadnt have blown the bubbles, taken pictures with the geese, talked to the people we talked to, etc. then we wouldnt have seen Chris most likely! ENJOYING each moment is so important. Not saying we need to just "slap av" but we need to follow the Spirit. Christ enjoyed life, and we need to also.


On Wednesday we went on splits with Sister Shaw (my MTC companion) and Sister Roe! Sister Shaw and I taught a man named Øystein on his porch. What a sweet sweet man looking for comfort and truth. And then we banked/contacted/had lunch! Another miracle happened with Sister Shaw! We were walking, contacting, and we decided to go another way. There was a man sitting on the sidewalk. We talked with him and it was SO funny! He just spoke a tiny bit of Norwegian, French, and Swahili. Sister Shaw had seen him before so was trying to make him understand. Oh it was HILARIOUS! haha! But he came back to the church and we taught him! Sister Roe and I had to go to a teach so Sister Rupp finished it with her. Sister Roe and I went to a less actives house and shared a little spiritual thought. And then they had a "dinner and discussion" activity at the church, which they have everyweek, so we made the dinner (leftovers) and then we had that and a discussion about who God really is! It went well :) And then contacted! I LOVE these sisters here!


Thursday was a WAY good day! We had a Zone Leader Training. A little different than usual though! The Assistants trained us, while President and Sister Evans did interviews! I was the last interview and wasnt able to talk with Sister Evans, but I talk to her often, so thats okay :) In my interview with President, he asked me how Tromsø was. And I told him how amazing it is and how close our investigators are to baptism. And he said, "I am going to tell you something I havent told anyone yet. I am moving you to Trondheim. Im moving you here. The practicalness of Sister Training Leaders being in Tromsø is not practical." And I agree. My heart is sad, and I wasnt really expecting it! But I felt the biggest reassurance of it being inspired than I have by any other moves. There will be sisters here again, just not now. So that makes me really sad...but I am SO excited to be in Trondheim! I will be comps with another sister that is STL right now, so I think I can guess who it is :) But I will let you know next monday!


The training was SO good! It was about getting down the basics. So we practicalled and talked about contacting, bus contacting, knocking on doors, etc. It went really really well! And we, the sisters, were in charge of the food! So we did that earlier that morning. Then we flew home to Tromsø that night! I have now been on 11 plane rides in 7 weeks! haha! The bus schedules are ridiculous now that its summer, so we were going to have to wait for a bus for 40 minutes (it was already 930 at night) so we (with the Tromsø and Alta elders) walked to the closest busstation....and then missed our bus because it had the wrong sign on it...long story short, we got to bed late and didnt get lots of sleep! But its okay!


Friday we did weekly planning, and then later visited Bari and Marzie! (less active and investigator) Its been a while so that was so nice to see them :) Contacted a little too...good day!


And then on Saturday we started off by teaching Simon, with Elder Crabtree. He loves the Bible, so it was nice to have Elder Crabtree there, who knows lots about the Bible and history! Then we taught a former, named Roni - not so interested to learn, just to discuss. And then later, we had the coolest teach!!! We met a man named Taridzo from Zimbabwe a little more than a week ago, and we were able to teach him! He was so open, and had already read some of the Book Of Mormon and about it! He is AMAZING!!! He agreed to read..."I think my committment should be to read the Book Of Mormon." ...OKAY! haha, we tried committing him to baptism, and it will happen sometime! He is really really sincere and sees that the Book Of Mormon and Bible support each other - but wants to see more. The ONLY way to know it is to read it and pray and ask Heavenly Father about it! I WISH EVERYONE could realize that! Later that night we had a Joseph Smith movie night! Lots of people came and it was SO koselig! We had ice cream afterwards and, man...i just love this branch :) The long Joseph Smith movie is sooo good. I am so thankful for Joseph Smith and I really do know that he restored Jesus Christs` church and was called to be a new and first prophet in this dispensation.


Sunday was also a good day! On Saturday night I signed us up/agreed to do the musical number the next day in church! So after Branch Council, we practiced the 2nd or 3rd time and then sang it in church! :) Im going to miss playing the piano in church and having this sweet little branch.


Anyways, I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH! And I miss you so much too!
Ha en fantastisk uke :)


XOXO
Love, Søster Chapman



new address starting next wednesday (not this one)

Eirik Jarls Gate 4
7030 Trondheim
Norway



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment