Saturday, July 5, 2014

Hello Everyone!





This week has been a lot different than others, and this is going to be a pretty short email because of it...sorry!
I am so thankful for you all though, and for all of the prayers. Thank you!
Monday was the longest day of the year! So that night we went and had a Branch Party on Kvaløya! It was GORGEOUS! the only thing was, was that the sun wasnt out and it was kind of chilly. But we played frisbee, volleyball, soccor, etc. with some of the people that came :) it was so fun! We had norwegian hot dogs, desserts galore, and it was just so fun! One of our investigators also came! It was a success! :) Then we got permission to go out at midnight to see the midnight sun. We went to sleep then woke up at 11:35 and went out to a bridge to take pictures! It was so cool! I will send the pictures a little later :)











I thought it was absolutely insane that people lived after 9:00 pm. It was after midnight and people were eating in restaurants and walking down the streets! It was a little sad because the sun wasnt really shining, but you will get the idea of it with the pictures. It was still bright outside!


On Tuesday morning we flew bright and early to Trondheim for Zone Conference. It was SO good! We are focusing on using the Book Of Mormon now and that is something that I have needed. During ZC i went to another room with Sister Storheim, who is a nurse and a senior couple, and her and sister evans talked to me about my health. It was decided that I would take a few days of "sick leave". And spoiling the story, I did that and the sickness caught up to me. I have been so fatigued this week! But my energy is coming back! Enought about my health.








Anyways, Zone Conference was great! Then we got a plane later that day and got home!
The rest of the week is boring. I have slept in everyday. Pretty much everyday have I slept in until 10 or 11 ish. I am sick of sleeping now! But Sister Rupp and I have just relaxed. I have watched 17 miracles, Mormon Messages, I have read lots of the Relief Society book, Daughters in my Kingdom, or something like that, etc. It has been nice being able to rest and get better. If you could all pray for my health it would be highly appreciated. Its been kind of rough this week, and I need lots of prayers.
Anyways, we taught just a couple of lessons and we actually had an amazing one last night!








We met a girl named Yvonne a couple weeks ago. She is norwegian and I think I wrote about her last week! Anyways, she didnt come to church yesterday, but we talked with her at about 7 last night. She is 21 years old and is searching to know if God is real. Last time, we committed her to pray. She said that she had prayed and each time she prays, she feels comfort. Towards the end of the lesson she opened up and told us that after she prayed she would just start crying. She didnt know why and it was really weird! But it felt good at the same time. Oh it was SO cool to hear that! We told her it was the Holy Ghost. And committed her to ask God if He is there. It was amazing! After the lesson we just talked for a little bit. She has had a rough life, but it was so fun just talking to her about things that didnt really matter. About dialects, school, etc. I LOVE HER!
Life is really so good!


Tomorrow we are going to Oslo for a Leadership Meeting! That will be fun. :)
Since this is so short, I thought I could share a little bit about what I have been studying this week. A lot of it has been about pioneers. As I said, I watched 17 Miracles, and I have been reading the RS book. the pioneers were AMAZING! I cannot believe all of the hardships they went through. But at the same time, there were SO many miracles that occurred. I know thats how everything works. Hard things happen, we excersize faith, and miracles come. I think gratitude is something I can always work on. Its hard to think of things I am greatful for, when other hard things are on my mind. But that how miracles come. Anyways, the pioneers were SO strong. I saw a picture in a Liahona and ripped it out. It is a painting of Emma Smith with her children climbing all over her. I dont know who painted it, but it is one my favorites. I LOVE IT! I hope you can all see it at some point!











Im sorry this is so short! Not much happened this week, but the Lord is watching out for me and for all of you.
I pray for you all everyday.
Love you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love, Søster Chapman :)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment