Monday, January 13, 2014

Let it SNOW!

Kjære Familie,
ITS SNOWING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)


Yesterday and the day before it was clear blue skies and sunny (but still super cold)! But today we woke up to snow! And it is still snowing! So exciting! :)





Well this week was a rollercoaster! (I think I say that every week, but it is true!) On Monday we went to the Sørlandsenter, the biggest mall in Norway...actually I am pretty sure in all of Scandinavia! Its about 35 minutes from where we live! That was really fun :) We bought some things and also went to a thrift store, where I bought an old Norsk book.


On Tuesday we had Distrikt Meeting! Sister Robbins and I both got blessings from the Elders. I got a blessing of health. I dont know if I have talked much about this, but I have really been sick pretty much ALL of my mission. And then my head started burning and hurting again, so I got a blessing! I realized later, that my head was buring and all because of my bag. It had pinched nerves that was affecting my head. And it still is actually. My shoulders are as hard as a rock and it goes up my neck into my head. OHH it hurts when it is pushed on! And it gives me headaches...anyways, the blessings wasnt like any blessing that I have had before. All that was said was, "Seek professional medical help, and you will be healed immediately." That was it. And so tomorrow I will be going to the doctor, getting my iron checked, etc. and then afterwards I will be going to get a massage from a member!!! I am excited, but I think it is going to hurt SO bad! Because it hurts even with a little push. But It will help :)





Later that night we taught the man that had us over for dinner (the really nice man that got our number from our card and then wanted to do something nice for those not at home for Jul and Thanksgiving). He was not willing to change, just interested though. So that wasnt the best teach weve had.


Then on Wednesday a member helped us with Norwegian, we met with an investigator named Rosa in Mandal (where Fredrik lives) And later that night taught an investigator from Sweden! Oh so crazy!!! He spoke Swedish and we spoke Norwegian. I undrestood 80ish percent of what he said! And he understood about 80 percent of us too :) It was AMAZING to me that we could communicate!! And that was a great teach, he is just a JOLLY man! OH! Super exciting thing that happened!!! We were contacting and, well this man wasnt intersted in the gospel. But he aksed how long I had been in the land for and we told him. He looked at Sister Robbins and said, "INCREDIBLE!" In english. It made me feel good :) Its so cool how Heavenly Father gives us those little Tender Mercies :) But here is the cool story! Sister Robbins and I, maybe 15 minutes later...if that, were talking to a lady. She got my email, but before that I think, looked at our nametags and said, "NEITHER OF YOU ARE NORWEGIAN?" (of course in norwegian). And it made us feel SO GOOD! That is one of the closest things I have gotten to a norwegian thinking I am from norway!!! (on my mission bucketlist ;) ) That night, before we taught Gøran from Sweden, Aida gave us SO MUCH STUFF! She bought more stuff for us in the Philippines than for her own daughter! hahaha, one thing that we wanted, that she bought us were nightgowns! I know that sounds goofy, but it was so exciting when she gave them to us! She got us REAL PEARLS! A bracelet and necklace, perfume, a watch, earrings, etc. She is SO selfless! She hit me a couple times and just said, "YOU ARE SPOILED." "I KNOW I KNOW!" hahaha I love her!


Thursday was not the best day of the week. I scheduled my appointments and all! Anyways, that night at about 11:45, Sister Robbins was COMPLETELY asleep. I was asleep, but not to deep. So our window was open, and all of a sudden there was just BANGING noises! Like, RIGHT next to us! So I woke up (i know...i guess i have changed a little bit with how deeply i sleep) haha, and I was just saying, SISTER DO YOU HEAR THAT?! SISTER! SISTER! I got out of bed and looked out the window. I realized, early on, it was fireworks that people were lighting...the street next to us! The sky was all cloudy too! Sister Robbins, in such a deep sleep, but just out of it said, "I HATE THIS! I HATE THESE THINGS!" HAHAHA! So the next morning we are talking about it and she told me that she thought there was a person coming into to our appartment with a gun. So she had put the covers over her head and was hid up against the wall!!!!!! HAHA! Oh so so so funny!!!!





On friday we went and knocked on doors and contacted for a while! When we were knocking on doors we got to this house with a cat living in a box...it was sad. But I think it was allowed inside too, i dont know! It wasnt a poor area. Anyways, so Sister Robbins and I were just talking and laughing...we werent really expecting someone to open the door. When ALL of a sudden the door was opened. I jumped about half a foot and sister robbins screamed and jumped!!! I had to say something to the man, so I looked so ridiculous with my HUGE smile on my face trying to tell him who we are. Sister Robbins was covering her mouth with her scarf trying to hold in the laughter! It was SO funny!! hahaha! That night we taught Serge with a member, Hannah. We taught some commandments and it went well.





OH my goodness! Another funny story!!!! We taught about the 10 commandments and so sister robbins was reading the "Thou shalt not covet..." scripture. But she accidentally skipped a line. Instead of saying what it really said, she said, "Thou shalt not manservant." And then she just stopped and we just busted up laughing. The member was dieing, I was dieing, our investigator was laughing. But then of course after things settled down I kept laughing. Surprise surprise! :)
Then on Saturday...oh man! We went and visited Bestemor, a lady in the ward. The elders came and it went well. We later went to Mandal again and met with David and then with an investigator. He ended up dropping us, which was sad, but planting seeds is always important! ANOTHER FUNNY STORY! HAHA! SO that night we went to Aidas house. We had dinner and then shared a Family Mission Plan! OH! Mom sent me the papers from the missionaries there in henderson, and so we finally sat down and made one here! And we are gonig to be sharing that with the ward! Anyways, that went well. Afterwards, Aida drove us home. Her battery had died earlier that week, but her light was on again! So we went through a tunnel, really, ALMOST home! All of a sudden she starts slowing down and she said, "See this is what Im talking about!" And WE STOP! I had a thought come into my head....oh no. What if someone is going fast and ends up hitting the back of the car! IM BACK HERE!!! So Sister Robbins adn I get out of the car and start pushing! Aida had to have had her brake on...but a man that was driving a bus and a lady jump out of their cars and helped us move it! It was amazing that ALL of a suddne these two people were there. There were cars lined up, but we finnally moved the car. We were so blessed to be next to a thing of cement to move the car to. Anyways, the bus driver said he would come back. But another man stopped and helped. He called people and they opened the trunk. We were also able to share about who we are with him! We gave him a card with mormon.org and our number on it. He gave us gum and then gave us hugs...AWKWARD! But he really was SO nice!!! It amazes me how nice peole are here. He told us someone owuld be coming in about 10 minutes. So we waited. And waited. A police car came and had her turn on her flashers and set out a triangle (they have to have an orange triangle in each car in norway...set it about 20 meters from the accident or whatever) So they left...and we waited. and waited. It was about an hour and a half. Then another police car came, they asked if we needed help. Aida got the number for the car people from them and they came, took the car, and took us home! We squeezed into the truck...me almost on aida, and as I thought Aida almost hit the brake, we wer etrying to talk to her and she just said, "I AM CRAZY! I AM CRAZY!" HAHA! Oh my goodness. We were stuck in a tunnel for more than 2 hours!!!! HAHA! Oh man it was so funny!!! I love Aida, so positive even though she had just spent a bajillion dollars on a new battery!


Then yesterday was Sunday! We had Ward Councel where Sister Cressall made cinnamon rolls and then they talked about ward missionary work etc. We will be going through the entire ward list (so many less actives) on wednesday as a ward councel..it will take more than 2 hours they think! It will be good though :) Anyways, we had invited Gøran to church and Serge, but Gøran said he might come and we heard Serge might not come because of the toll from Søgne to Kristiansand. But we got there, in Relief Society, and Elder Edwards opened the door. We came out an he asked if we were expecting any male investigators. And it was GØRAN!!!!! :) His first time here!!! And we asked if Serge was here, and he was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) We met our goal for investigators in church and we were just EXTATIC!!! I sat by Gøran in Sacrament Meeting and afterwards I asked him how he liked it. He liked it, the only thing was the music was pitched too high :) hahaha HE IS GREAT!!!!!!!! :) Last night we went to the Bergs house to share the Family Mission Plan! That went well :) But last night was hilarious too! We were in bed, Sister Robbins was about to say her prayers and I stuck my hand up there, so it was super scary looking. She turned around and saw it and screamed a blood curdling scream! hahaha! Oh it was so funny! And then after the lights were off I stuck my head up there and she heard something, so she opened her eyes and saw my head so she screamed again!!! HAHA! So then, finally I was in bed and she was too, i was about to pray when all of a sudden she screamed AGAIN!!! She was expecting me to scare her, so she screamed! I got so scared that I hid under my pillow and went close to the wall telling her to turn on the lights! It was SOOO FUNNY!!!





This week was SO great! hahaha! Full of so many funny things, but also we had some low lows. We are so blessed to have the tender mercies that Heavenly Father gives us. :) The 40 day fast we are doing has been hard, but I know it will be so rewarding.
Anyways, ITS SNOWING RIGHT NOW!!! And later today we are going to go see a canon that can shoot all the way to Denmark! And some WWII bunkers :)
I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!! Have a great, safe, amazing week!!! :)
Hilsen, Søster Chapman :)





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment