Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Godt Nyttår!!!!


Godt Nyttår!!!! :)


Det er meget rart at det er allerede 2014!!! It is so weird that it is already 2014! And that Bry was in 2014 before me and I was before you all. :) When it was midnight in Las Vegas, we were studying, the morning of the 1st, and we hooped and hollered :)


This week was kind of hard, not too busy becuase everyone else was busy!
On Monday we had kind of a relaxing day. We had to clean our appartment, for inspections. I bought a new bag because mine was pretty much ødelagt!
And then that night we taught Serge!!! It was the most amazing teach I have probably ever had. We talked about the Holy Ghost and about faith. We read in Ether 12:4-22 about faith. Then we started talking about the times he has recieved answers to his prayers. He has felt closer to the Savior since he has been meeting with us. He has recieved a lot of little miracles, kind of like, little signs that He is there. It amazes me, if we talk in hushed voices, if we kind of take it slowly, pause, and then speak. The Holy Ghost has the time to let us know what to say and how to say it. We talked about how he doesnt ever feel bad when he is reading. How he never feels bad learning from us. Then, this was complete inspiration from the Holy Ghost, the thought of my decision to come on a mission came into my head. I talked to him about how I had a choice to make. I didnt know what my answer was, I didnt feel bad when thinking about going on a mission, but I really didnt want to make the wrong choice. So I talked to mom on the phone, just crying. And she told me to kneel down and pray. And ask Heavenly Father what I should do. So I got off the phone, knelt down by my bed and started to pray. But before I even finished asking the question. I realized that I had recieved my answer. That i knew already that I should serve a mission. I called mom and told her, then started to get everything going. Sometimes, we dont recieve this big answer from the Holy Ghost. Sometimes it is a reassurance. I didnt feel bad when thinking about going on a mission. And finally it hit me that I had already recieved my answer! We asked Serge if he would kneel down with us then and pray. If he would ask Heavenly Father if he had already recieved his answer. If the small miracles that have happened and the not feeling bad when he had been reading the book, was the answer that it was true. He didnt want to at first, but then he did. He said it in Dutch, so I didnt understand. I was PRAYING SO HARD, repeating over and over again, "Please help him Heavenly Father, please help him Heavenly Father, etc. etc." or something like that. Sister Robbins was PRAYING SO HARD. and the elders wen to the kitchen and prayed for us. It is funny, because I felt doubt coming in. We had promised Serge he would get an answer. What if he didnt!? But then I just remembered not to doubt, just to believe. The Spirit was SO strong. Afterwards, Serge tried changing the subject. I think he felt a little uncomfortable. We brought it back and aksed him how he felt. He described it as strange. We asked him if he had felt it before and he said no. He felt a little scared he said. We knew, without any doubt it was the Holy Ghost. There was one point in the lesson I was about to talk, but instead just breathed. The air was so heavy with the Holy Ghost. It was, probably, the stongest I have ever felt it. That even the air was so consumed with it, it was hard, but refreshing and comforting to breath in. We told Serge that that was the Holy Ghost. And that that was his answer. We asked if he knew that the Book Of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith is a true prophet. He does. At the end of the lesson, we committed him to be baptized on January 25th. He was apprehensive towards that, thinking it is too soon. But we expressed to him how much he means to us, and that we really had studied and prayed for him. That January 25th is a goal. And then he said yes a little bit later! One thing that is so amazing about this story is that Sister Robbins and I are the missionaries that found him, a couple of days after she got to Kristiansand, and he was a miracle! We had prayed to get a miracle and we found him! I think something that has really helped him is the social/family like relationship he has with the ward. FELLOWSHIPPING IS SO IMPORTANT!!!! He goes and hangs out with ward members :) WE LOVE HIM!!!
So that is Monday! haha


Tuesday was New Years Eve!


That night we went to the Salgados house, one of my absolute favorite families in Norway. Ive told you all a little about them :) Sebastians grandma was there and it was just so fun! We got permission to be out with members til midnight, then get home asap! So we had a Turkey, kjempe fancy dinner. With cider like soda, and just deliciousness!!! And then we had dessert! This apple crisp and cream Norwegian dessert!!! I will send a picture to you all :)








And we played games, games you need to buy!!!!!!!! Ubongo...SO FUN! Sister Robbins lost so she had to drink Trann...cod liver oil with a lot of vitamins in it! It is a really healthy norwegain thing that babies get given and that adults take here. Oh it is disgusting. I think Ive told you all about it before, it is like a slug going down your throat! But it was so funny, because sister robbins CANT eat gross things so she just had it sitting in her mouth! Sebastian won so he got to feed it to her ahhahahaha!





And then we went outside and had sparkelers, non alcoholic champagne, and watched the fireworks! BRY WOULD LOVE IT HERE! Anyone can light any fireworks!! So as soon as it got dark, like 5 ish, you would hear bangs! And then at midnight it was just CRAZY the whole sky was just full of fireworks! More than I have ever seen in my life!!!
OHH I LOVE THAT FAMILY!!!! :)
We were way tired on Wednesday... haha
We had distriktsmøte and worked!


Then on Thursday we had a couple of appointments fall through and did weekly planning!
On Friday 2 of our appointments fell through that night. We had MMK and did some work!
Then on Saturday we went to Mandal and taught a lady sister robbins and I found! I accidnetally contacted her again and she said, weve met! I apologized and she was like, We have an appointment at 3! OH MY GOODNES SOOOOO EMBARRASSING!!!!!!!!!!! But it went good :) her and her husband we SO great! And it really went well :) We got 2 new investigators! (and actually made our goal this week because we got a return appointmetn with the nice man that invited us for dinner, Ivan!) Anyways, that was great!





Then we met with Serge later that night and taught the WOW and Follow the Prophet again. He has some problems with those, but it will be okay :)
Then yesterdy was sunday! We had church, knocked on some houses and had quite a few people tell us we coudl come back and we got one return appointment and number!!!!!!!! (by the way it has just been raingin and raingin here!!!!) Anyways, then we SAW AIDA a little later!!!!!!!!!!! The one that saw bry! Her and her husband got back at 3! So we went over, she made us dinner, what a sweetheart! We also shared a message and she gave us gifts! Earlier, she gave me gifts from BRY!!!





The jeepney sign and a bracelet!!!!! :) It made me so happy. They loved bry SO much!!!! Jose told me, "Elder Chapmans tagalag is better than mine!!!" Haha! They were so impreseed with bryan. "He is a very snill elder." (kind.) "Ohh and he is so funny! so funny!" Hahaha they loved him. Jose said something to the point of how strong he is in the gospel and pretty much how confident he is. THEY LOVED YOU BRY!!! Aida told me about the 6 restaurants and how she was looking for you hahaha
Also, she said that she could tell we are siblings! That made me so happy :)
Then she gave us philippino candy, perfume, a toiletry kit with a mirror, a watch from Lacoste, and chocolate! we are meeting with her again today because she has more for us! OH my goodness we LOVE THEM!!!! And they love you BRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


This is a super long email and so I am almost done, but I wanted to share one more thing! Sister Robbins and I are doing a 40 day fast. Okay, not from food and water, but spiritually. You all should read, "Purification"...not sure who it is by. But it is about ...well becoming pure. Once you read it you will understand what it is we are doing. There is a challenge in it and we are doing that. We are SO excited about it and maybe, if you all want, you could do it too! :)
ALSO, transfers are on FEBRUARY 5TH!!! It is short this one because the last one was 8 weeks so that no one would leave right before Christmas. AHHH that means I am probably leaving and it breaks my heart. My heart is really here in Kristiansand. I have been SO blessed! Anyways, I love you all so much and I hope you have a fantastic week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)














Be safe and miss you all!!!














Love, Søster Chapman :)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment