Saturday, December 21, 2013

shopping and teaching

Hei hei!
So I dont have very much time :/ Today we are going to the SOUTHEST point in Norway, where there is a lighthouse! A member is taking us and I cant wait :) But we have to catch a bus in 45 minutes, so thats why time is crunched.
Anyways, this week was great! Last Monday we went shopping and I bought the CUTEST boots for the cold weather. I will show you on SKYPE next week!!!!!! :) Anyways (also I dont think I will be able to send pictures today, lack of time and we didnt take much) but Monday night we did a FHE at a members house and that was fun. THey also fed us delicious salmon for dinner :)
Then on tuesday we drove to Stavanger for Zone Leader Training! Sister Robbins got sick (well, was sick and got sicker in the car) So during ZLT she slept. I got to practical (practice a teach) with President and that was really fun :) oh I love him and Sister Evans. But then I got to have my interview with Him and that is always great.


We took a train back that night. It is always SO nice to go back to Stavanger. I love that area with allllll of my heart!
On Wednesday we met with a less active member and later that night had a really cool appointment! I think I might have told you all, but one day, Sister Robbins and I were contacting. We got a phone call from a man that we had contacted and he couldnt talk so we just gave him a card with our nubmer on it. He called us and told us that we had contacted him and that he wanted to feed us dinner! He wanted to feed dinner to someone that wouldnt be home for thanksgiving or Christmas. So the elders came to and we ate with him, talked about the gospel, and had a little teach with him. He told us he had more questions so he would love to meet again!!! Oh it was so great!!! :)
On Thursday we went to Mandal and met with a less active. And afterwards met with a lady that we found contacting there. She had just come from the dentist, so we think she was a little out of it. She is phillippino, and the bottom right side of her mouth was all swollen...hahaha, it was good though, and we will meet with her again tomorrow!! :)


Friday we had a meeting with Serge, our investigator from Holland. Oh I just love him. He really is GREAT! A member, named Hannah Torjesen, helped us on that teach. We taught some commandments, including the Law of Tithing and Fasting. He had some questions, but accepted them! That was so so so great! Afterwards we had a YSA dinner and Institute :)
That night when we were contacting we found one man tell us that we could find him in the library the next day and talk and give him a Book of Mormon. And then another couple from Nepal that were willing to meet the next day!! MIRACLE NIGHT! :)
Then on Saturday we tried finding the man in the library, went in there 3 times, but couldnt find him :/ Then we had Ward Mission Meeting, and our MMK made us french toast! That was really fun :) We later met with Rajesh and Anju from Nepal, that was kind of a weird lesson, becasue the wife wasnt so interested...but we are hopeing to get a return appointment :) she is hindu and I dont think he is. Anyways, then we went to Mandal and met with David, one of the recent converts. Boy, do we love him!
Then yesterday was sunday! We taught Serge before church. Had something planned to teach, but changed the lesson to the Atonement. That was really a special teach and I am thankful we were able to talk more about that. When teaching investigators it really is like teaching a child. They dont know anything yet! It HAS to be simple. And thats always a testimony builder to go down to the basics of each doctrine and principle. After church we had a Ward Potluck and then watched the Christmas Devotional! We didnt get to finish it, becasue then we went to the Williamsons house to teach their boys. Taught the third lesson with objects and then gave them HUGE chocolate bars, for reading and praying and for being good during the lesson :) And they promised they would read and pray EVERY day!


Anyways, this week was great! And this coming week will be too! I hope that you all have a great week and I will write again next monday!!! (I will let you know about skype and all the details asap)...probably next monday!
I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!! :) Have a great and safe week!
Jeg elsker dere så mye! Ha en fantastisk og trygg uke!
Love, Søster Chapman


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment