Monday, December 9, 2013

Brrrr!

Hello Familie!!!
Well this week has been a lot of being sick! Last Monday we helped the Cressels to decorate the center, and that was fun!


On Tuesday we had District Meeting and then I also sent a Christmas package home!!! :) It was a lot cheaper than I thought it would be. 18 kr for the box, then 222 kr (ish) for sending the package! So...about 3 dollars for the box and about 45 dollars to send it! Oh, really quick. In the package I sent a flashdrive. It is wrapped (not nicely wrapped, just crumpled up) in some silver (?) wrapping paper. So, dont thrown that away! It has some fun videos on it, videos of us dancing (for the family Christmas music video) and then we were trying to do a twelve days of Christmas thing, but we couldnt get every day on there....so there are a few days on there hahahaha enjoy! ;) Also, WAIT TIL CHRISTMAS TO OPEN THE WRAPPED GIFTS!!! hahaha Except there is one wrapped gift that says To: Mom on it (it also says if you can for Brookie to try some of it, but I dont know when you will see each other) You can open that for your birthday mom :) Anyways, also there is one thing that isnt wrapped (well...2) and you can take those out before Christmas!








We were starting to get sick last that day, but later that night had a teach with a man named Mann. We taught him the 2nd lesson and that went fine.
Wednesday we met with our investigator Daniel. He hadnt been reading or praying that week, so that was a bummer :( But afterwards we went and met with Mouyy. It was heartbreaking. We had to tell her that we would have to postpone her baptismal date. She doesnt want to agree to paying tithing. She explained how we didnt explain it so well (that she coud choose to pay or not) and by that we meant that members are not forced to pay, like they wont get cast out if they dont pay it. Anyways, she said, "They I wont get baptized." And i just started crying while talking to her. She said she needs time. That she will pray and think about it. When we invited her to church she told us that she doesnt want to come until she knows her answer about tithing. We explained to her that she could find her answer at church. Anyway, it was heart breaking, and I really hope taht she ends up recieving a strong answer. She didnt come to church, but the interesting thing was, Bishop McFadzean gave an unexpected talk (the person that was supposed to talk wasnt there) about tithing. How a lot of us dont recieve a testimony of it until we actually live it. I WISH SHE WAS AT CHURCH!!!! That nighyt we tried visiting Temi and Esther, but I guess they all werent aware we were coming and they had someone visiting. So we will meet with them this week hopefully.
On Thursday we had to cancel our appointment with a member. Sister Robbins was pretty sick. I was feeling a little, ehhh, and so we also had to do Weekly Planning. So that was good! That night we went to the center for the Relief Society Christmas party! It was snowing a little bit outside too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Elder Cressel told us it wasnt snowing, but guess what? The next day we looked outside andt heir was snow outside!!!! :) Anyways, we were asked to sing, and guess what we sang??? We borrowed a guitar from a member, and we sang "Baby Toes"! They werent the right chords, but it was SO fun :) I told them that my dad wrote it and afterwards a lady in the ward said, "Din far skrev det!? Wheeeww!" They loved it :) We learned how to make hard candy with licorice in it, and that was fun to do. I love this ward with all of my heart!!!


Fredag, we werent feeling so great. These next few days we actually slept in pretty late. I remembered what Brookie said to me, "when you feel yourself starting to get sick, take care of yourself!" Sister Robbins was a lot sicker than me, but I really think if I wouldnt have rested I would have gotten a lot more sick. Anyways, We had to cancel another teach or two this day. The elders made us soup and brought us some orange juice (and of course chocolate). This day was complete resting.





Lørdag, we rested too! That morning we went to Mony (a less actives) house with the elders. They gave her a blessing and that was great :) We had a teach that afternoon with our miracle investigator, Serge. EVERYONE loves him in the ward! He is from Holland, I think I have told you all about him. Anyways, we have a member named Åse, and she helped us. The first time we met with Serge he said yes to being baptized, but said he wanted to get to know the ward and read before committing to a date. But he had been to church 2 times by this day and had been reading a praying so we felt we could ask him for a date we have felt is right, December 28th! The member was shocked that we would ask for a date when he didnt have an answer yet! But, its what we do! I am sure i would have felt the same before my mission, but not as much now! :) Anways, I was scared this time. Because I was scared after seeing the members reaction. We watched the Restoration and then afterwards talked and before talked. Some how, it all went so smoothly, asking him for the date. he told us he wants to pray about it, but he will let us know. It went so smoothly and we really think he can be ready by that day!!!! :) After that teach we waited for our next to come. The Cressels even waited because we werent allowed to be alone with the boy we were going to teach. He told us he was on his way. An hour ish later, we called and he said 10 minutes. Then after 30 minutes we called him and he had turned off his phone! Ja vel! We got to have a good talk with the Cressels, I felt a fever coming on, so it was nice to be able to talk about the area, inside with the Cressels. We wouldnt usually just talk with them like that for so long, i would think, but we were sick and i think it was actually good to talk with them about things we did. But they also asked about our parents and I got to tell them how you, mom and dad, met. :) They like that! And they thought that Dads jobs in marine tourism was so cool :)


Then yesterday was Sunday! :) We slept in again to try to get better, and then decided to go to church! OH! We heard rain outside, but then checked it later and THERE WAS SNOW!!!!! AND SLUSH!!!! :) Anyways, we got ready and got to church! Serge came and the ward completely fellowshipped him! It was great! :) Most people thought it was really cold in the gym, where we have sacrament meeting, but Sister Robbins and I had fevers, so I put my coat on my legs. Anyways, we got chocolate from a member couple for Christmas, and that was sweet! :) We also got a invitation to go to dinner at a members house with the elders. We came home, did some studies, then went to their house. Dinner was nice and then we came home and did studies! :) Oh, on the way home from church I talked to a lady on the bus. It was really awkward. I asked her if she could help me with a word in norwegian, but she couldnt read. So I asked her where she was from. She ended up telling me and then I tried to keep talking, but it didnt really work. I thought about what to say, and then just thought of talking about the church and did it. She wasnt interested, but it really showed me that if we just open our mouths, the Lord will put all we need in them and we wont be scared! We will have the courage we need :) Anyways, it is so snowy/slushy/blustery outside!!! I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!! :)








Earlier this week a member told us that she heard this year is supposed to be the warmest in 7years :( But, it doesnt look like it when we look outside!!!!!!! :)
Today we are going to go to the mall with the Cressels and hopefully I will get some boots and socks!!! Then tomorrow we will be driving to Stavanger. Pray that there wont be any snow, or not much! I am a little scared to drive in it. But well be okay, no worries :)
I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!!!!! Have a great, safe, and fun week!!!! :)
Love, Søster Chapman :)




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment