Saturday, November 23, 2013

Now a Trainer

HELLO!!!!!!!!!! oh my goodness, I miss you all SO much.
This week has been way good.
Last Pday wasnt so packed. We got Kebabs and later that night ate dinner that Aida made for us! We met with our investigator Abdulla, speaking of, today is his last day to find his wife before she gets married to another man...haha (but not funny) :)
Anyways, then the next day was tuesday! We had district meeting, the last one as that district which was kind of sad. Later that day we went and ate at a members house.
Wednesday we visited a member and then later that night Sister Hansen, Sister McArthurs new companion came! We contacted a little bit and Sister Hansen found somebody that agreed to meet with us! We dropped them off at the bus, so that they could go to their new area, Arendal, and then Elder Cooper and I ran to the Train Station, seeing the Cressel on the way (we needed them there because we couldnt be alone) And there were our 2 new companions walking towards us! Sister Robbins is SO sweet! She is 19 and from Farmington UT. (not related to the Robbins we know in Henderson) Im pretty sure her jet-lag didnt hit her til the next day, when it also hit me! (sympathy pains Im sure!!!) We have had so much fun together though. She graduated this year, and turned 19 two or three days before she entered the MTC. She really is just the sweetest!!! I have been so blessed to have the best companions on my mission!
Thursday was a good day! We met with one of our investigators, Goran, from Croatia. A member named Emily helped us and it went amazingly! We committed him to focusing on the question, if this gospel is true, and Emily gave a great idea to him. She told him that one ting she did on her mission was write the questions she had for Heavenly Father in a journal and then write the answer when she got it. He really liked that! The cool thing was that she had been looking for something else in a journal and brought it with her, and after accidentally finding the questions, it fit perfectly with the lesson! The Lord works in mysterious ways! I love it! He also committed to COMING TO CHURCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) SO exciting! I just love him!
On Friday we met with the girl that Sister Hansen had found. She brought her brother too. We found out that she was 16 and he was 12, but the teach went great! They moved here from the Congo about a month ago. They are Prespeterian (?), but havent been able to find a church here to go to. Sister Robbins committed them to baptism and they both said yes!!! Want to know something AMAZING about this? They have a family of 13!!!!!!!!! And said that we could visit them and they would come to church! (the didnt end up coming, but hopefully we meet with their family soon!)
That was really exciting :) That night we met with a less active, and the elders were with us. The elders are going to start teaching him now. But he also ended up coming to church!!! Cool story finding him. We were contacting a couple months ago and thought he was just another person and he ended up telling us how he was a member!!!! Way cool! :)
Saturday we met with a new convert, Peter, and then later went to Mandal and contacted and knocked on some doors. That was fun!
Yesterday was a crazy day! Goran came to church!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The YSA did an AMAZING job fellowshipping him and it made me SO SO SO SO SO happy. He told us he liked church too!!! (had to leave a little early, but thats ok...he was there for all of the meetings and most of Sacrament meeting). It was so cute coming on the bus and seeing him in his suit, on his way to church! He didnt know how to tie his tie so I am pretty sure the elders helped him out :) Oh! Elder Coopers companion is great too. He is an elder from London! Elder Edwards. So great to hear an ekte (real) english accent. Good thing he doesnt mind when people immitate because I am never going to stop :)
So after church we went to a members house for dinner! We were able to get to know their not so active children, and that was great! We had a DELICIOUS norwegian meal, kjøttkaker, vegtables, potatoes, tyttebær :) mmmmm!
And then we went to the Williamsons house! They are the less active family with the two boys that are our investigators! LOVE that family! Today we were supposed to learn how to knit with her, but she cancelled, not feeling well. We were going to have to cancel too, because...well heres the story.
This morning, we were being exactly obedient. We started excersizing! yesterday my back hurt a little adn then it hurt this morning! So we were doing Ab Ripper X, when all of a sudden my back SPAZZED OUT! I could not move off the ground. It got completely strained. This isnt just like a neck kink. I could not move my body. Sister Robbins had to drag me to the couch and I got the will power to pull myself onto it...(this is probably in about 1 hours time...) We talked to Sister Evans, and Ida (the Bishops wife that helped me when I found out my iron level), and the elders came and got permission to give me a blessing. I limped myself here to the center so that I could email! SHEESH! My goodness it hurts though!!!!! I got a blessing and so i know it will be better soon :)
Anyways, here are a couple of funny stories. Sister Robbins called people in Norwegain for the first time a couple days ago. We were DYING on the floor laughing so hard! At one point, she started in norsk, but then he spoke in english to us. He asked how she was or something, so I mouthed "GOOD! YOU ARE GOOD!" And she said (panicking half to death) "..............GODT!" HAHAHAHAA! (good in norsk) Oh my goodness it was SO FUNNY! And then the first day she contacted, she terrified somebody, because she stood right in front of them and said, "HEI HEI! VI ER MISJONÆRENE!" It was SO funny! hahaha
I really am doing good though. Life is so great here in Kristiansand and I am so thankful that I can spend Thanksgiving and Christmas here (atleast im planning on it) :)
Oh guess what? This past week a lady (not norwegian but still...) thought I was Norwegian!!!! That was really exciting :) But it is still on my "mission bucketlist" to have someone that is norwegian think I am from here! Actually, a norwegian said I sounded norwegian when I tried the dialect from here! So that was cool! :)
Anyways, I miss you all SO SO SO SO SO much!!!!
And I love you all!!!!!
Have a great, safe week!!!
Love, Søster Chapman :)

p.s. if you send anything soon, i would love to get some Christmas music if thats okay :)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment