Monday, November 11, 2013

busy

Familie! :)
Denne uken var flott! Vi gjorde så mye. Vi var i Stavanger en dag og da i Oslo en annen.
This week was great! We did so much. We were in Stavanger for a day and then in Oslo for another!
Last monday we went as a district to an island, walked over the bridge, it was pretty close, and took pictures.


Then on tuesday we went to Stavanger! We had Zone Leader Training and that was great. We ALMOST missed the train on our way back, which would have been HORRIBLE because on Wednesday morning we had to take a plane to Oslo for the leadership/training meeting! But before I talk about that...Tuesday night we met with our investigator Abdulla. We hadent met with him in probably 2 weeks. So he came into the center right after we got home and talked with him a little before we taught (watched Finding Faith in Christ and that was great!) Anyways, we talked about what he had been up to. He told us earlier that week I think, that he had family problems right now...I didnt realize it was family problems like what he told us! So this is the HILARIOUSLY sad story! He said that he had gotten married TWO weeks ago! (WHAT?!?!?!?!) And that her family did NOT like him. So...they TOOK HER! She was kidnapped by her family...and he has TWELVE days to find her before they force her to get married to another man! (by the way...she is 19...poor girl!) So then he went on to tell us that he hasnt told his family yet because he doesnt want them to worry (pretty sure they are going to worry when they find out he was married and his wife is kidnapped...) and that he is doing computer hacking to find her!!! Because he has NO idea in the world where she is! (literally...in the world.) And so I talked to him a couple days ago on the phone and he said...."yeah...I have 10 days now." Sister Mcarthur and I think it is a tragic story, but everytime we talk about him or the story we DIE LAUGHING! HAHAHA!


Anyways, the meetings went really well :) I loved both of them! And in Oslo I was able to see some missionaries I havent seen since the first day in Norway! So then....we made a mistake...we went and ate with the sisters that were there...caught a flytog a little late...and RAN through security, RAN to our gate, and the plane was backing away!! WE MISSED OUR PLANE!!! Oh my goodness....And do you all want to hear the best part of this story? We had to wait in the airport SEVEN hours til the next open plane went to Kristiansand!!!


So we did weekly planning and daily planning. That was a blessing because on thursday we usually do weekly planning, we had LOTS to do! I learned a few lessons because of that, and so I am thankful for the story and the lessons learned. We also missed a dinner appointment that was with the elders...super sad!


Then on Thursday we met with a lady that they call Bestemor in the ward. She is adorable :) Ill send a picture of me with her! Mouyy (the investigator with a baptismal date) said she couldnt meet, but that she will COME TO CHURCH! and we could meet after at Aidas house! :) Also on Thursday we missed a bus to where we wanted to contact, becuase when we were running, another bus was coming so i had to stop, and sister mcarthur ran into me and her shoe flew! Oh SO embarrassing!!! HAHAHA! And then we ran to another bus and almost missed it...and sister m couldnt find her bus kort! SO funny! haha


Friday we met with a less active named Mony, from Cambodia. Then we met with an investigator named Hans! Taught the 2nd lesson. He asked me how I recieved my answer about the Plan of Salvation. I was going to say something about prayer...but I really havent ever prayed about it... I thought about it and realized that my testimony of the Plan of Salvation really grew after Grandma passed away. Not having Grandma here made me really sad...but really strengthened my testimony of the plan. I KNOW and knew that I will see Grandma again. I just felt a comfort. A feeling of complete trust that I was giong to see her again. A pure knowledge. And that knowledge still comforts me day after day. I still have times where I miss grandma terribly. But I know that not only am I going to see her again...but that she is my guardian angel. I have felt grandma with me,really whenever I need her. Every time I need Grandma I know she is right next to me. We had MMK afterwards and then had dinner at the Institute Center with missionaries, the YSA, and the senior couple.


The Assistants randomly showed up that day to do a few things in town. So we were able to get a little bit out of one of them, Elder Bitner. He didnt tell us anything straight on...but told us we would be happy with our personal situation. And he told us that TROMSØ up north will be opening up for sisters at some point!!! :) (not sure if im supposed to make that public...ja vel.. ;) ) But thats exciting!!! So then the Cressels let us take the car to try to find a ladies house to teach! We went there and then got led to the same house a couple times (that we checked and it WASNT it!) So we came back! We ended that night with a little bit of contacting :)


On Saturday we went to Mandal and met with David, and then with 2 of our investigators Ivan and Virginia. That went great! Virginia said that when she prayed she felt peace. That is always so great to hear when the Spirit is working on people :)
So then we had a little tender mercy, where we caught a bus back to Mandal Sentrum instead of having to walk! :) Later, we checked the mail! The office, we think had accidentally sent this too early, the mission newsletter and saying where you are going and your companion! So first we just looked at the Lys Over Norge and I got to see who my companion is! (Sister Robbins!! Maybe she is related to the robbins in Henderson? She looks like it!!! From Kaysville :) But then I saw the papers saying whats going on!! I told sister Mcarthur and we went crazy!! She is going to Arendal - about an hour away! And she is opening that area with another sister that was in the MTC with us! :)
So then we had Sunday! It was a great day :) We had Moves Calls, and then had church! OH! Really quick...on our way to the center I found my hat that I didnt know I had dropped the night before on the side of the sidewalk drenched with water, but not stolen! That was exciting! And then Im not sure if I told you all about the time I thought I might have dropped my head wrap, went the entire day not being back home (maybe left it there) And then we found it hanging on our apartment building! People are so sweet here :)


Anyways, we had church, and our investigator Mouyy and her son Jonas came!!! So exciting! Then we went to Aidas house after church and had dinner, and then taught Mouyy. It went really well. :) Afterwards we contacted a little bit then we went to a less active families house. Their two sons havent been baptized yet, so they are our investigators. I told mom a little about this, but we taught the 2nd lesson with a life size Plan Of Salvation we made, and the boys were answering and being great! They both want to be baptized and we are praying that they find a car to buy so that they can come to church. I love love love that family! They also fed us, and then we took the bus home! Åse, the mom, knits! So each time one of us has left she has given us mittens! So, sister M got norwegian knitted mittens! and a head wrap and a hat :) LOVE THAT FAMILY!!!! That was a great end to our night :)


This entire week (and I think last week) Sister McArthur and I have been sleeping in the family room. She sleeps on the couch and I bring my mattress out :) So so so fun! I am going to miss her so bad...but, now we can do splits hopefully!!!!!
Well, I miss you all so much! :) I love hearing from you all and I am so glad everything is going well. Happy Norwegian Fathers day to Dad, Trev, and Steve! (it was yesterday:))
But have a great week! And be safe!!!!!!!!!! :)
Love, Søster Chapman :)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment