Monday, August 4, 2014

Trondheim Miracles




Min kjære familie,
Denne uka var absolutt vidunderlig. Så mye skjedde! Så mange mektige mirakler!
This week was absolutely amazing! So much happened. So many powerful miracles!
I love Trondheim so much. I love it more and more each moment I experience. Each person I meet, each hard second I encounter, and so on just makes me love it more and more.


Last Monday was so fun. We went to the Domkirke with the other sisters for Olavsfestdagene. It was a big celebration! With sugared almonds, music, booths, etc. It was so fun! Then that night we visited a member named Wenche. (venkeh) We went in to visit her..and plutselig her husband walked around the corner from the kitchen and he was this little Muslin man that looked 15 years younger than her! haha! We were not expecting that. We made it a goal this past thursday to sing to someone everyday this week....so starting on sunday we actually fulfilled this goal! On Monday we sang to Wenche. We sang "Come Unto Christ"...the song for the youth this year. I am so thankful that Sister Oldham likes to sing and make music too. The Spirit is so strong when we can sing instead of say it.


On Tuesday we had our first Distriktsmøte in Trondheim! Later in the day we went to the hospital. Hem, a man from nepal that is going to be baptized, was going to meet with us, but his mom went into the hospital! So we went and sang "Jeg er Guds kjære barn" to them. :)
Wednesday was super good! Remember Melissa? The girl I wrote about last week...when we were knocking on doors and we ended up sitting on the curb with her and the dog and teaching her a lesson? Well we met with her again! She said that she will get baptized when she comes to know it is true. WE LOVE HER! Then a little bit later we taught a man named Hung Dai with a member, and then got to know and shared a spiritual thought with a member couple. We sang "Oh my soul hungered" to them. And shared some scriptures in Enos, which the song is about. I love singing to people! It is awkward when we ask haha but it all goes well. :) We later met with a man named Ahmed on a bench by the river looking out to the domkirke. It seemed as though he has had a hard life...and Im so thankful that we have the opportunity to share the happiest message with him and everyone!


On Thursday we did weekly planning and then went to a park to meet with a man named Mostafa. We werent sure how positive this was going to be, but it ended up being unexpectedly good! He is from Africa and has a strong belief in Christ. The lesson was completely guided by the Spirit :) Later that night we had a teach with a boy named Chris Marco....I think I wrote about him last week too! MMK got cancelled so this gave us more time to teach him! We were waiting around where we told him we would wait...and he wasnt there. He didnt answer his phone and we were about to go back to the church to start splits with the sisters. But I had a prompting..."go look for Chris Marco at the park." I asked Sister Oldham if she thought we should and we didnt really know. I didnt want to walk all the way over there if nothing was going to happen..and I didnt know if it was just me that made up that thought myself. So we prayed. And I still didnt know. So I kept praying to myself and all of a sudden, sister oldham said, "lets just go." So we did. As we crossed the street, the moment we got to the other side, CHRIS MARCO WAS STANDING RIGHT THERE. He wasnt there 2 seconds earlier. The LORD GUIDED US TO HIM. It was such an amazing experience for me to know that the Lord guides us so perfectly. If we follow promptings he performs miracles right in front of us! The lesson we taught at the church was absolutely guided by the Spirit. We taught the second lesson about the Plan of Salvation. He has had some loved ones pass away, and the spirit was so strong as we were able to testify that we will see them again. I hadnt felt so much peace in a long time. You know that feeling you get when you are in a sanna (sp?) and your whole body relaxes? It was a billion times better than that. I felt complete peace and calmness. Angels really were in that room with us. It was also guided by the Lord that MMK would be cancelled! The lesson was SO amazing! It amazes me that a small amount of time can be so important and life changing. After the lesson we sang "Come Unto Christ" to him, and I just smiled as I sang that line...because he really is COMING CLOSER TO CHRIST! And I get to help be a part of his journey closer to Christ. I am so blessed.


I started off on Friday with Sister Robbins on splits. Boy do I love her! We laughed so hard...it was like old times again! haha she is such a good missionary! I cant believe that it was more than 5 months ago that I served with her. We went to find a less active on their list and after searching for a while, we found it! The only problem was that we had to get into the building and didnt know which button was hers to press. So we prayed and pressed random ones. Someone, who we dont know, let us in, and there was the less actives door right infront of us! We tried knocking and she wasnt there. So we wrote a note and ended up running out super fast becasue we heard someone coming down! (we didnt want it to be the person that let us in hahaha) Then we visited one of our less actives. Her name is Turid and her son is named Øyvind. We got in there and asked Øivind what he had done that morning and he told usthat he had been writing and wrote something for us. Okay..it would have been okay to read this outloud with ANYONE else, but if I am with Sister Robbins, we laugh ALL THE TIME! And he handed it to me and of course I asked if he wanted us to read it right then...and he said yes. OH NO! I knew I was about to laugh. So I said I couldnt read right then and handed it to Sister Robbins. She read...and got to about half of the page and i looked over at her and she was about to break! So I said, not thinking...just in panic, WHAT!? ARE YOU CRYING!? hahahaha, oh it was horrible! It was about God and really sweet, so it wasnt because of what it said, just the situation! He wrote a sentence in norsk then translated it to english. Anyways, I got it and as I read it sister Robbins was partially laughing. I had to explain to Øivind that we had been together before and that we laugh all the time together or something. Anyways, that was a disaster. hahaha Turid gave us some norske waffles and then set a branch from her cherry tree on the table and Sister Robbins and I ate a bunch of those! So good! (Mom would have loved them!) Then Sister Robbins and I got some ice cream :) And we switched! With Sister Roe, we contacted!


Then we had lunch, DELICIOUS lamb kebabs, and then went contacting again. :) Then we had a game night and Melissa came! We played Cranium and then went and showed Melissa the "Because of Him" Mormon Message. The one around Easter time. (if you havent seen it, you NEED TO! It is probably my favorite Mormon Message.) Sister Oldham committed her to baptism on August 30th!!! She said, "Jeg vil gjerne" :) YAY!!!!! She is absolutely amazing. She talks to her parents all the time and even got a dutch MB to give to her dad! Her mom wanted her to add us on facebook and they even told her that they think she is on her "right path" or in the right place now! How amazing is that! We found her because we were being obedient and followed promptings! Anyways, she also told us that she was thinking about coming to church on Sunday. She invited herself to church!!!!!!!! WE LOVE HER SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It feels like we have known her for forever. We then sang "Come Unto Christ" to Melissa! We love singing and we love melissa!!!
On Saturday we had some Sport, but our investigator didnt come so we left early. I got a volleyball served at my head and sister robbins had a new convert run up to where she was and take all the times she should have hit the ball hahaha i laughed so hard! Later that day we taught Chris Marco! It was so funny and a miracle...Sister Oldham had just gotten off the phone with the elders asking if they would be at the church at 4 and none of them would, and plutselig the sisters sent us a message asking us if we would be at the church at 4! I thought it was a prank or mistake from sister oldham to me hahaha but we were all there at 4 so we could teach in the church! We talked to Chris Marco about prayer and he ended up committing to pray everyday, which isnt normal for him the way we do it. But we know it will help him so much. He hasnt recieved an answer yet to this being true, but he knows that he needs to just continue. :) That night we went and visited a less active named Inger Jørgensen. (Bestemor) We got in there and she gave both me and Sister Oldham a bag with knitting needles and yarn and then taught us! I love knitting! haha she was so cute! She also showed us her scars and we tried singing "Come Unto Christ" to her and then she thought we were done while Sister Oldham was singing the second verse hahaha, so we just stopped :) I love her so much! She was so sweet and I feel like she just needs love.


Yesterday was a good Sunday! We had MMK over Skype, and then we had church. MELISSA CAME!!! A member thought she was a new missonary and asked us all who moved hahaha She was dressed like a sister missionary pretty much! She loved church. And she loved that it wasnt just one person talking the whole time. Even though some of church was a little bit "deep" she said she liked seeing different peoples perspectives of things :) I was so happy to see members introducing themselves to her! After church she was talking to the bishop and they were talking about working during the summer, which she does, and she said to him, "but next summer im not going to work, but I am going to go and visit these two in America! Ive already decided." (because we had told her earlier in church that we were going home in October.) I LOVE HER! We taught her after church with a member named Pelle! We taught the 2nd lesson and she said that it is happier than what she had grown up learning about. And I think she thinks it makes more sense! It was way good having Pelle on the teach. His conversion story is similar to hers (her story still in the works), but it was way good! In her closing prayer, with all of us kneeling down, she said something like, "I thank thee for these 2 wonderful girls, who are my best friends..." It made my heart grow so much. I LOVE HER! She is truly one of my best friends too. She is so prepared!


A member named Ingrid Jørgensen (a different Ingrid Jørgensen haha) drove us to an appointment about 30 minutes away. It was a GORGEOUS area. Trondheim is beautiful! Sister Oldham told her where to go as I took pictures. And then on the way home, I sat in the front as Sister Oldham took pictures in the back seat :) The teach went well. AWKWARD MOMENT: We got to his house, and saw this huge dog and it started barking. So we all stood there and this man came out. The earlier sisters had taught this man named Morton, so we had no clue what he looked like. And we assumed that this man was him! Sister Oldham asked him if we could come in...and the man said, "...sure..." so we were on the porch petting his dog, doing some small talk, I told him it was us and not the other sisters because they moved...etc. etc. and this man walked by and looked at us and was like, "Im just going to get the mail." We didnt know who that was...and kept talking to this man with the dog. Then the man came back and we shook his hand and he introduced himself. IT WAS MORTON! HAHA! This poor man with the dog had absolute NO idea who we were hahaha! We walked away from the man with the dog without even saying goodbye...it was so awkward! Of course Morton lived around the back of the house on the bottom floor...of course. HAHA! It was a GREAT DAY!
For en FLOTT UKE! :)


Time is flying by so fast. I cannot believe it. I hope you are all having a great August! You know time is flying by when you look outside and you can tell that the days are already getting shorter. Just last week it was way bright outside when we were going to sleep and now, in the past couple nights the street lights are on and do something because of how dark it is getting. I cant believe it! It is going to be fall in no time! (which i am excited about..becauseFall and Winter are my favorite in Norway :)
Anyways, I hope you all have an amazing week!
Next week we are going to Bergen, so we wont have a Pday on Monday. We will just have 30 minutes on Monday to send emails. So I think i am going to spend it writing one family email (most likely not this long...) :) and maybe some short ones to the people that write. Just so you know!
JEG ELSKER DERE!


STOR KLEM,
Søster Chapman


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment