Monday, March 4, 2013

d&c 100:12

"Therefore, continue your journey and let your hearts rejoice; for behold, and lo, I am with you even unto the end."
this is the scripture that is going to be on my missionary plaque! i hadn't read this scripture until last year while my brother was in the mtc. one of the elders in his district (i think) sent me a letter for my birthday and gave me some advice with this scripture. since then, this scripture has helped me so much. one of my other favorite scriptures is in Moroni 7:33. it says, "And Christ hath said: If ye will have faith in me ye shall have power to do whatsoever thing is expedient of me."i think that these two scriptures fit hand-in-hand. if we rely on the Lord, we can do anything! we need to find joy in everything while relying on the Lord and doing our part and we will have the Savior with us until the end and will be able to do anything! how amazing is that!? that is such an amazing promise. lately i have been focusing on this point...that all we really need to do is follow in Christ's footsteps and keep the commandments and we will live with our families, Heavenly Father, and Christ forever! it is SO simple! i know if we always have the eternal perspective, then we will live so much happier.
these scriptures will definitely help me on my mission. i know when i am having a tough time, i just need to remember to find joy in it and rely on the Lord, and i will be able to get through it. i am so thankful for this gospel and know that it's completely true! Heavenly Father and Christ know each of us individually and love us more than we know.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on these scriptures Sierra. You are going to be an AMAZING missionary!

    ReplyDelete